Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Jed Steer

Was becoming free agent.

Gutted because he''s really quality. That, and my 5-a-side shirt has "Just call me Jed Steer" across the front so now I''ll look like a twit.

"Assuming #ncfc offered Steer a deal, Villa will have to pay some sort of compensation - or it goes to a tribunal."Michael Bailey on TwitterOh good one of them.

Shame. We must be signing new 3rd choice as dec rudd gone to pne for season. Always thought he was better than rudd. Anyways ruddy will be our number for next 6 years or so.

Looks like Declan Rudd is being earmarked for the future no.2 role. A season at Preston will do him the world of good.

It would be hard realistically to keep Rudd and Steer both happy and Lambert did have a lot of faith in Steer so good luck to him!

As a fellow Norfolk born Diss boy though i''m glad Declan is the one still with us.

I think we would be a lot calmer about Lambert signing our backroom staff and players if we had made a few signings ourselves!

Being a City fan you''d think that the only reason he''d go to

Villa instead of signing here is if he felt his chances of getting any game time were too limited.

There seems to be a general feeling amongst supporters that he was the better prospect out of him and Rudd, however it''s possible that Hughton and Dave Watson disagreed. The signing of Camp when Rudd went on loan showed that they didn''t feel he was anywhere near ready for 1st team football, and with Rudd signing a new deal perhaps Jed felt it was time to move on.

Understudy to Guzan would be a bold move by Lambert given Steer''s total lack of experience at this level, so it does appear that he''s switching one set of pine for another...If he''d rather go to Villa (or has clearly been told he has no future here), then so be it, I''m not going to lose sleep over a young keeper who may not even have played for us for another 3-4 years at best...

Disappointed by this!

A better talent than Rudd IMO!

I know people talk about lack of experience but Shilton played at 16/17 for Leicester in the old Div 1. Joe Hart is another, Ruddy had I Season with us in the Champs before PL debut.

Good enough old enough!

Just seems we are losing such talent too soon?

Snake

Maybe we should go with the opinion of Hughton and Dave Watson, England''s g/k coach - they obviously rate Rudd, an Eng u-21 keeper, and with JR here hopefully for a few seasons yet, there will be precious few opportunities for others.