Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

McNally

Question: "have you and Hughton got replacements lined up from the staff that have left?"Answer  "yes, we were always planning to upgrade"Haha. Love That Man.

Ans expecting considerable compensation for Jed Steer im sure Villa wont fancy a trubunal after the last one costing their board 2 million and looks as though a fee was agreed for the three backroom staff that left aswell looks good actually for us just need the quality to arrive to give us a lift

Did we get £2m?

I must have missed that.

How much for Jed? Is £1m unrealistic? I don''t know the way these tribunals work, but sense that they are on the conservative side.

The Villa/Lambert previous might work in our favour. Also, they are a big, big club after all. 

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Did we get £2m?

I must have missed that.

[/quote] You''re not alone in having missed that. There hasn''t been an official figure as far as I know. The Aston Villa accounts for 2012-13 should contain one. Ours might as well. But neither has been published yet.

didnt we get £250k for Angus Gunn when he was 16?....ant remember whether that was a tribunal or if Man C paid it "out of court" ..(I''m more upset by this one rather than Steer)....but if it was a tribunal, a 19/20 year old ,England U19 international sould command rather more?

One thing strikes me - Lambert can only pick off the lesser crop of our set up. Not how I would of imagined he had thought he may of done.

Steer one for the future but rather such taken from us than the ones who would leave a gap need replacing with equal to better quality.

Selling club anyone? Only if serious offers come in and how we should be for stability/progressing forward.

Transfers will follow but in our own time, no panic buying because others our - why I like how McNally & co are keeping our heads nicely above water at the moment.

Hughton bringing in his own background staff may well make a huge amount of difference.

Good business again by McNally, aware of what was likely to happen and planning ahead for it.

As for Steer, disappointed as tipped to be better than Rudd - but we can''t keep both sadly. Hopefully we get a substantial fee for him (around a million or so wouldn''t be too bad)