Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

Alright, time to confess....

Who else is getting a little nervous about the lack of transfer activity? I fully expect Hughton to deliver the goods, but it is natural to get a little bit worried isn''t it?

I''m hoping that we have a couple signed and completed, to be announced on 1st July (and therefore showing much more class than Villa who announce on 26th June that they are completing the signing of a player on 1st July).

We were spoilt a little by Lambert getting business done early, and of course quality is more important than quantity, but I can''t help feeling a little unease. I will blame it on the Worthington/Doncaster days when we saw so much talk and so little action.

Part of me looks at Villa and feels a little envious at their prolific rate of signings, and then another part of me looks at the names and realises that in reality they are bargain basement shopping and doing that typical Lambert thing of buying six and hoping that four come good.

We can console ourselves in the fact that Hughton has an extremely good record of bringing in the right men at the right price, right? Last summer was an excellent summer of business with the exception of the failure to sign a decent striker, Bassong + Turner + Tettey + Bunn + Snodgrass in particular proved incredibly important acquisitions. In that list of five we have the players player of the year, and the two top choices for fans player of the year, plus a goalkeeper who allowed us to avoid a potential Andy Marshall 1995 situation which would in hindsight have probably have relegated us if we weren''t permitted an emergency loan.

In Hughton we trust, if a little reservedly?

Last season we didn''t get anyone in until Snodgrass on the 30th June.

We are fairly good at keeping our targets secret it seems so I am still hoping for some big surprises!

It felt like nobody picked up on buys like Turner, Bassong and Tettey until the last minute and we were persistently linked with players like Jordan Rhodes and Charlie Austin.

#keepthefaith

We''ll be fine. Transfer window isn''t even properly open yet. I imagine we will start doing some proper business from Monday, with the majority done before the US preseason trip.

Actually that is true, good point, I can''t remember hearing anything about those players either.

Actually I think we heard about Turner a week or so before, but Bassong + Tettey definitely came out of nowhere.

Everyone needs to chill out.

The window doesn''t even open until July.

I hardly expect CH and DM to not sign anyone

People can say what they like about Hughton but you can''t deny he knows his way around the transfer market.

I may be slightly uneasy with the lack of news in regards to the likes of Toivonen, sure, but I know we''ll come out of this window at least satisfied.

Window ain''t open.

Players gone out have never been good enough or regulars in the side.

We haven''t lost anyone from the squad that matters.

So no not worried.

Expect 4-5 signing by the end of the transfer window

Have some patience, we have already signed 2, another one in talks, this makes us one of the most active clubs in the transfer window.

Why are people drooling over Villa again, heard enough of this rubbish last season and guess what? They finished below us. Realistically, have you actually ever heard of any of their signings?

Transfer window isn''t even open yet and people are moaning

Relax! The season doesn''t start for well over a month and the window doesn''t shut for over two months!

We also have a decent team already (especially with Wolfswinkel added) so we shouldn''t be as desperate for new faces as Palace, Cardiff and Hull are and out of all of them only Curtis Davis has been signed!