Sign in to follow this  
gravycanaries

Macclesfield town. You can be a pro!!!

[quote user="gravycanaries"]Just seen that if you pay 20k they will let you play 10 mins in a league or cup game? Unbelievable jeff[/quote]or if you are fast then just run onto the pitch until they catch youwon''t cost you 20 grand and who knowswith lower league players you might get your ten minutes

What I find even more hilarious is their additional terms of "must be aged between 18-35 and in good physical condition", so if a fat guy turned up with the 20k they desperately need, they''d rather go under...Makes you wonder sometimes...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]What I find even more hilarious is their additional terms of "must be aged between 18-35 and in good physical condition", so if a fat guy turned up with the 20k they desperately need, they''d rather go under...Makes you wonder sometimes...[/quote]

I''m sure for someone to play they would have to pass some sort of fitness assessment stipulated by the FA. Macclesfield have a duty of care to that person so they couldn''t possibly put somebody who is overweight and unfit out there who would very probably suffer injury or ill health.

Let them go out of business, offer the administrators £20k for the club and then play yourself centre forward week in week out!

None of this 10 mins at the end of a game rip off!

[quote user="lincoln canary"]I''m sure for someone to play they would have to pass some sort of fitness assessment stipulated by the FA.[/quote]This didn''t seem to be a problem when we brought John Hartson in on loan...

If Another club did this and you wanted to do both could you, or would you be cup tied?

Imagine a team being kicked out of the cup due to fielding an ilegibale player because of this!

They''ve withdrawn the offer now anyway, as it would have ''compromised the result'' of a professional game. Seems fair enough. Perhaps they could charge £5k for an appearance in a pre season friendly.