Sign in to follow this  
MancCanary

James Vaughan's Twitter page & Huddersfield

Anyone else noticed that James Vaughan’s Twitter profile (www.twitter.com/@vaughany08) now says “Professional football player currently playing for Huddersfield”. And the photos of him in the background and profile pic are in Huddersfield kit. No mention of Norwich anywhere anymore. Can anyone confirm when he took off all the Norwich stuff? I’m sure it used to say Professional football player currently playing for Norwich, and on loan at Huddersfield. Looks like he’s really taken to them, so if he hasn’t gone already surely it’s only a matter of time.

[quote user="MancCanary"]Anyone else noticed that James Vaughan’s Twitter profile (www.twitter.com/@vaughany08) now says “Professional football player currently playing for Huddersfield”. And the photos of him in the background and profile pic are in Huddersfield kit. No mention of Norwich anywhere anymore. Can anyone confirm when he took off all the Norwich stuff? I’m sure it used to say Professional football player currently playing for Norwich, and on loan at Huddersfield. Looks like he’s really taken to them, so if he hasn’t gone already surely it’s only a matter of time.[/quote]

I don''t think anything like this means anything either way. When a player is on long term load at a club of course he''s going to make all the right noises about how much he loves it there, he''s never going to say "Yeah its okay here but come the end of the season I''m off back to my real club"

Yeah I see what you''re saying, but he did previously say "Norwich & Huddersfield" on there, whilst on loan there. And his loan has finished now, so seems strange timing to remove all the mentions of Norwich.

I remember some comments around December or January that his tweets made it clear he seemed to view himself as more of a Huddersfield than a Norwich player last season. After all, he''s played for them regularly for a season, compared to a handful of non-friendly games for us, and they viewed him as a key player.

My guess is he''ll be leaving us permanently this transfer window.

I was impressed by his pace and enthusiasm in the pre-season games in 2012, - he made most of our team look very slow. I am not sure about this technique and finesse, however.

Much more important, however, is that CH preferred the more ponderous Holt and Morison, when it came to the league games, and sent Vaughan on loan soon after. Whether Vaughan has a chip on his shoulder, or didn''t like the set-up at CR, I have no idea, but I am sure that he is likely to leave. There are posts on this board suggesting that the signing of Hooper likes very likely. If he does sign, then it seems farewell to Vaughan.

Vaughan is already gone as far as we are concerned.  For whatever reason his career at Norwich stalled.   We got him fit and he has proved his worth in the championship - so let him go there.    He has no allegiance to us and we have no allegiance to him.    He was a "might have been" - and is now a "has been".    I don''t mean that unkindly,  I just mean he has basically left - in all but name.