Sign in to follow this  
Nicko

Bony

Set to sign with Swansea. Thats the word on the street. Major coup for them. again.

keeping thinking of RVW...

http://www.voetbalprimeur.nl/nieuws/item/bony-kiest-swansea-city-uit-als-nieuwe-club?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Raises interesting questions of Newcastle if he goes there. Newcastle (who are in the top 20 richest clubs in Europe) were meant to be all in for him.

Now their interest in Bony is dropped and they''re supposedly close to Darren Bent''s signature!

If this happens, then the smell of death about Newcastle is undeniable.

Oh, and if Bony signs, good move for Swansea.

Unlesss CH is looking at a major change of formation, it wouldnt make too much sense to have two marquee striker signings comperting for one place - think more about RVW with someone decent willing to be a back up (i.e. the likes of Kone and possibly Hooper). My guess is that we are looking at one or two big name signings in the midfield as we probably have £30M to spend after RVW.

Would have loved Bony here after his FM exploits for me :P 4-4-2 with him and RVW would have worked well I think.

We need a strong and quick striker to complete our striking lineup in my opinion.

Agree with that, Jimmy.

We need pace and power to complete the strike force (tactically speaking). We could have signed Kei who fulfilled that role, but didn''t. To me, that means we have better lined up.

Altidore for me, but more likely to be somebody we''ve never heard of before and who just happens to be awesome.

[quote user="Militant Canary"]We need pace and power to complete the strike force...We could have signed Kei who fulfilled that role[/quote]Pace and Power - absolutelyFinishing ability, technique and goals - absolutely not...

RVW and Holt/ Hooper will get the goals, we need a lump to keep the ball up there and annoy/ stretch defenders as well as get a few goals himself.

Bony would have been one option, but there are others about and Toivonen may be more suitable to our tactics anyway.

Bony is a high profile name to be linked with. You have to remember that Swansea are playing uefa cup football next season. They''ll attract better players than we can.

I''m sure they can attract higher profile players than we can, but ''better'' is debatable.

High profile and quality are not the same thing - look at the England team!

Granted, Bony looks a good player, but someone like Altidore (I know I''ve mentioned him before, sorry) has equal quality and an equally impressing scoring record, but not quite Bony''s profile. Similarly, Toivonen is a top (potential) signing with bags of quality and pedigree (if that matters to you?), but very little profile.

All this aside, a player, who can have the highest profile and all the quality in the world, is not guaranteed to take to a club/league. Always a gamble.

Bony is streets ahead of Altidore. And I think Laudrup is a bigger attraction than Europe, according to what some of the players have said.