Sign in to follow this  
Hackedoff

Sky

this is the number of games we were shown last season?

Some websites will show us 38 times next season.... who needs Sky?

Allied to the BT Sport channel, where a Norwich fan is the presenter, we should do quite well for coverage this season. It really depends on our playing style and where we are in the table though. Imagine we were in 4th or 17th we''d be on TV a lot more than say if we were 11th or 12th.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]this is the number of games we were shown last season?[/quote]Yep, second worst in the entire league (along with Wigan), with only Reading and Stoke (4 each) having less games shown on SKY.Compare this to Liverpool with 16 and Man City/Spurs with 14 each, and at least we can see that SKY have no bias despite charging all viewers the same...I''ve actually done an article about this situation already:[url]http://indybonestruth.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/bias-on-box.html[/url]

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]this is the number of games we were shown last season?[/quote]Yep, second worst in the entire league (along with Wigan), with only Reading and Stoke (4 each) having less games shown on SKY.Compare this to Liverpool with 16 and Man City/Spurs with 14 each, and at least we can see that SKY have no bias despite charging all viewers the same...I''ve actually done an article about this situation already:[url]http://indybonestruth.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/bias-on-box.html[/url][/quote]

To be honest, it makes sense considering we weren''t that interesting and never really in relegation danger. Out of them, i''m suprised at Liverpool getting so many games. Also Sunderland having 9 when Chelsea got 10?! Again, they got that wrong.

I guess Sunderland have two guaranteed vs Newcastle but beyond that, they are about as uninteresting to the neutral as us.

Each club recieves at least the amount of money equivalent to having 10 live games from Sky - was about £5m last season.

Sky obviously don''t choose games on some pro/anti club bias, but select the games they feel will get the most viewers and generate the most revenue for themselves. Due to having to pay each club at least 10 games worth of money they will usually show at least 5 games of every team.

Clubs languishing in mid-table safety will always have fewer games as there is a smaller ''narrative'' to these games.

I''d rather our deal compared to Spain''s deal, Real and Barca will together monopolise that league as after them, not really many teams can compete. Yes Valencia, Malaga and Athletico (and Sociadad) can vie for 3rd/ 4th but the bottom half of la liga would do well to keep face in our championship.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Sky obviously don''t choose games on some pro/anti club bias, but select the games they feel will get the most viewers and generate the most revenue for themselves.[/quote]The truly funny thing here however is that many of the games shown live are often far less exciting than the ''mid-table'' clashes that they refuse to show in fear of offending ''big six'' fans...This season I''m sure we''re going to have a few ''Super Sunday'' games with Man Utd vs Chelsea or Arsenal vs Liverpool which are dour 0-0 or 1-0 games, whilst the 5-3 thriller of Fulham vs West Ham gets completely ignored (apart from 5 mins on MOTD2, who focus on the 0-0 draw themselves instead)...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Sky obviously don''t choose games on some pro/anti club bias, but select the games they feel will get the most viewers and generate the most revenue for themselves.[/quote]
The truly funny thing here however is that many of the games shown live are often far less exciting than the ''mid-table'' clashes that they refuse to show in fear of offending ''big six'' fans...

This season I''m sure we''re going to have a few ''Super Sunday'' games with Man Utd vs Chelsea or Arsenal vs Liverpool which are dour 0-0 or 1-0 games, whilst the 5-3 thriller of Fulham vs West Ham gets completely ignored (apart from 5 mins on MOTD2, who focus on the 0-0 draw themselves instead)...
[/quote]

True, but more people will tune into Man U v Chelsea or Arsenal v Liverpool in the first place than Fulham v West Ham. Advertising is sold in advance of the game using predicted viewing figures.

MOTD are slightly more balanced and exciting games are often moved up the running order, but narrative is a primary factor of course.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Jas, you are probably right, but surely they will last at least a season. I get it for free so i hope so anyway![/quote]so they havent collared you for the line rental increase and call charge increase yet?trust me... its not free.