Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Will our new signings have even been mentioned yet?

What do people think of this?

I did a thread a while back analysing our last two years of transfers and wheather we''d heard much about them before they signed or wheather they were announced by complete suprise, it appeared a bit 50/50 with the likes of RVW, Snoddy, E Bennett and Tierney arriving after months of speculation but Garrido, Vaughan, Howson arriving by complete suprise.

So will we be getting Kone, Toivonen, Redmond and Olsson or is it more likely that a different 4 names not mentioned anywhere will turn up?

Good post!

At present, I''d say Toivonen and Redmond will be as expected - simply because we have rock solid interest and a realistic chance of getting both.

The Kone link is tenuous for me. Personally, I think we had a look at him, perhaps made an enquiry, but opted against going in for him. Instead, I think the Kone rumour hints at us looking for a certain kind of forward... someone similar to Kone, who offers what he offers, but we opted out because there is someone younger/cheaper/better (or all three) that we will pursue.

If/when that forward arrives, it may well be someone we had not heard of. Similar situation with Olsson.

I think that Hooper has been linked SO many times - repeatedly - we will get him. I would be happy with that.

Yup good post.

For me I think it''l be the Hooper and Toivonen links that''l bear fruit.

I think Redmond will favour Swansea because everyone favours Swansea.

[quote user="Nicko"]Yup good post.

I think Redmond will favour Swansea because everyone favours Swansea.[/quote]Ryan Bennett favoured us over Swansea

I don''t know. The pull of working with Hoots again will be enough, I think.

From what I hear, Nathan is a very bright young man - I mean, unusually so for a footballer. Much like Hoots, in fact.

If its a straight choice between us and Swansea, then he knows he''s going to be out in the wilderness a bit. It comes down to personal preference and, technically, all Swansea can offer that we can not is the Europa League. We can offer Chris Hughton and a number of backroom staff that he has worked with (including our new conditioning guy, who he worked with this season).

I still think we have the edge in this.

[quote user="Death by Chocolate Starfish"][quote user="Nicko"]Yup good post.

I think Redmond will favour Swansea because everyone favours Swansea.[/quote]Ryan Bennett favoured us over Swansea[/quote]

Before Swansea were a European side.

[quote user="Militant Canary"]I don''t know. The pull of working with Hoots again will be enough, I think.

From what I hear, Nathan is a very bright young man - I mean, unusually so for a footballer. Much like Hoots, in fact.

If its a straight choice between us and Swansea, then he knows he''s going to be out in the wilderness a bit. It comes down to personal preference and, technically, all Swansea can offer that we can not is the Europa League. We can offer Chris Hughton and a number of backroom staff that he has worked with (including our new conditioning guy, who he worked with this season).

I still think we have the edge in this.[/quote]

Perhaps the recruitment of him has some bearing on the Redmond deal?

RE Bennett, i think he needs a terrace chant relating to the deadline day u-turn (literally i read!) he pulled on Swansea to come here.

Have we officially got this new strength & conditioning guy then? I''m guessing we need more replacements as we''ve lost a few backroom staff apparently. As for players coming here..I hope for Redmond and can see Hooper coming here if we''re still interested and Olsson. Not too fussed about Toivonen who looks a dirty player though promising too. Would love to see Mboyo as a striker if Hooper thing not true