Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Hooper done deal

Haven''t read much on here but on holiday in turkey, met a Celtic fan who claims hoopers a done deal

Welcome to carrow road Gary

Ah just seen the other thread on it

Interesting to get a few from the other side of the fence though

Oh Jez, you know how these rumours work, the next thing you''ll be saying is that you''ve met a Bournemouth fan, and they will be signing Simeon Jackson

Been in this game too long crabby :-D

I''m certainly not a one day wonder or other word that begins with w

Me and you are both seasoned pros

Cant see there being anything in the Ruddy rumour when Chelsea have Courtois, who is possibly the best young keeper in Europe at the moment. They ahve let go of Turnbull and Hilario, so will need a bench sitter for a year until Courtois returns next year from Madrid to oust Cech. Ruddy to Arsenal would be more of a worry and I was hoping that they would have snapped up Ceasar by now, although this may just be held up by the Confederations Cup.

Can''t see Ruddy going anywhere personally, clearly Hughton think he is better than Bunn as he brought him back in at the end of last season, and Bunn was bought as a number 2 after all, so I cant see Ruddy going anywhere unless another keeper is bought in to replace him as Bunn isn''t Hugton''s 1st choice keeper, Ruddy is.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]still 2-1 at the bookies, get your house on it!

Ruddy to Chelsea is also 2-1...[/quote]About a week ago, I was told that Chelsea offered Norwich £3m for Ruddy. I don''t see him going there - Arsenal might be a different story. There were interested up to the point of him getting injured. I think Hooper will happen - would have rathered we had gone arfter Cardiff''s newbie Cornelius.

You can take this or leave it, but in the last 2 weeks I''ve started working with a cousin (surprise surprise!) Of one of Arsene Wengers right hand men at Arsenal. As he was going to see his cousin on Sunday I asked him jokingly if he could find out any truth in the rumour that Wenger rates Ruddy - the answer I got back was ''Arsene does but a move for him is nonsense, complete press speculation - he wouldn''t take a gamble on a player he thinks is a good keeper but injury prone''. As I say you can take it or leave it, from memory I personally wasn''t aware of JR having any injuries prior to last season though but there you go. He also said Arteta is likely to go to Hull, and Vermaelen is a done deal with AS Roma.

I''d fly over 1p5wich tomorrow,

I''m assuming you are just making a statement with your post, as opposed to suggesting that I thought Bunn was a better keeper?? As clearly that isn''t what I wrote. 

However my point re Ruddy was that I cant see him going anywhere without another top keeper coming in which would still see Bunn as a capable number 2 to whoever that would be.

[quote user="The Chirp"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]still 2-1 at the bookies, get your house on it! Ruddy to Chelsea is also 2-1...[/quote]

About a week ago, I was told that Chelsea offered Norwich £3m for Ruddy.

I don''t see him going there - Arsenal might be a different story. There were interested up to the point of him getting injured.

I think Hooper will happen - would have rathered we had gone arfter Cardiff''s newbie Cornelius.
[/quote]

Ruddy won''t go to Arsenal, and they have never been interested. Wenger like keepers who are comfortable with the ball at their feet, quick off thier line and have good distribution - I''d say those are the 3 weakest parts of John Ruddy''s game.

[quote user="Alex "]You can take this or leave it, but in the last 2 weeks I''ve started working with a cousin (surprise surprise!) Of one of Arsene Wengers right hand men at Arsenal. As he was going to see his cousin on Sunday I asked him jokingly if he could find out any truth in the rumour that Wenger rates Ruddy - the answer I got back was ''Arsene does but a move for him is nonsense, complete press speculation - he wouldn''t take a gamble on a player he thinks is a good keeper but injury prone''. As I say you can take it or leave it, from memory I personally wasn''t aware of JR having any injuries prior to last season though but there you go. He also said Arteta is likely to go to Hull, and Vermaelen is a done deal with AS Roma.[/quote]The day Ruddy got injured, the chief exec of Arsenal made contact to find out how long he''d be out for. I would say Arsene is more than a little bit interested in him. Whether he will actually move for him I guess we will have to wait and see. Personally, I think he is perfect for Arsenal. A David Seaman-style keeper. Keeps it simple.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="The Chirp"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]still 2-1 at the bookies, get your house on it! Ruddy to Chelsea is also 2-1...[/quote]About a week ago, I was told that Chelsea offered Norwich £3m for Ruddy. I don''t see him going there - Arsenal might be a different story. There were interested up to the point of him getting injured. I think Hooper will happen - would have rathered we had gone arfter Cardiff''s newbie Cornelius. [/quote]

Ruddy won''t go to Arsenal, and they have never been interested. Wenger like keepers who are comfortable with the ball at their feet, quick off thier line and have good distribution - I''d say those are the 3 weakest parts of John Ruddy''s game.

[/quote]They have been interested in him. I agree with what you say about his distribution - but I would imagine it is his command of the box/handling/positioning that have got their interest.

No I wasn''t suggesting you thought Bunn was better, just the way you worded it, sounded as though you thought it may be up for debate with some people, whereas I assumed it was a given that Ruddy is by FAR the better keeper.

But yeah sorry, back to Hooper!

[quote user="The Chirp"][quote user="Alex "]You can take this or leave it, but in the last 2 weeks I''ve started working with a cousin (surprise surprise!) Of one of Arsene Wengers right hand men at Arsenal. As he was going to see his cousin on Sunday I asked him jokingly if he could find out any truth in the rumour that Wenger rates Ruddy - the answer I got back was ''Arsene does but a move for him is nonsense, complete press speculation - he wouldn''t take a gamble on a player he thinks is a good keeper but injury prone''. As I say you can take it or leave it, from memory I personally wasn''t aware of JR having any injuries prior to last season though but there you go. He also said Arteta is likely to go to Hull, and Vermaelen is a done deal with AS Roma.[/quote]The day Ruddy got injured, the chief exec of Arsenal made contact to find out how long he''d be out for. I would say Arsene is more than a little bit interested in him. Whether he will actually move for him I guess we will have to wait and see. Personally, I think he is perfect for Arsenal. A David Seaman-style keeper. Keeps it simple. [/quote]

No, he''s perfect for Norwich, thank you very much.  He is committed to this area and the club, has a long contract and his family are settled - and we no longer have to sell  players to make ends meet , like we used to.  We are not the Norwich of twenty years ago or even five years ago.   We are building for the future and will not be selling  our best players - unless we have better to replace them with.  That will be hard with Ruddy because he is just about the best there is - that is why we will keep him. 

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Arteta to Hull... i''m out...[/quote]

Only what I''ve been told, Jim!

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Wenger like keepers who are comfortable with the ball at their feet, quick off thier line and have good distribution - I''d say those are the 3 weakest parts of John Ruddy''s game.[/quote]you''ve never seen Ruddy play have you???

If those are his worst qualities then it speaks volumes about the rest of his game.

Thought it was one of the things we missed the most when Bunn came in and was noticeably better when Ruddy came back in.

Like RVW it seems to be a rumour which refuses to go away - no smoke without fire, right?

Evens on odds checker. I think this 1 will happen. Hooper, Fer, Redmond, Left Back. Would be great. If we get Hooper do people think Toivonen will not happen. Gonna be exciting.