Sign in to follow this  
mbncfc1

captain

With rvw coming in, if Holt doesn''t leave he is most likely to be on the bench for most games, who''s gonna be captain For next season

The obvious choice is Martin however before Whitaker got injured last season I thought he was the better option at rb and played in most if not all of the 10 games we went unbeaten

So could we have a new captain next season?

Never really thought of snodgrass as a potential captain for me always seems to be to eager to jump on other players backs but like a few of are players was a captain before he joined us

[quote user="mbncfc1"]With rvw coming in, if Holt doesn''t leave he is most likely to be on the bench for most games, who''s gonna be captain For next season So could we have a new captain next season?[/quote]

There is no natural successor to GH - he is the Captains Captain! He still is the club captain and when on the field of play will be the natural captain.

When I read the title of this thread I thought here we go another opportunity for the Holt bashers. Anyway, presuming at the moment that our current captain is a key part of the squad, then there is absolutely no better person to be captain. Also, it would appear logical that if he doesnt start every game which is likely, then Russell Martin is the next ideal choice to wear the armband. As for Snodgrass, I too cant see him as captain, just let him be our star man as his contribution to th team is top class without being captain. If we had to choose a new captain though, I would go for either Bassong or Turner, just my preference that a CB is captain..........