Sign in to follow this  
crabbycanary

Well, it's not Pieters

I was under the impression that Pieters was always destined for Stoke, and that we''re after Olsson from Blackburn

It was more for the people who had mentioned him, not from any substantiated media stories.

It never seemed realistic as we have signed Garrido, if we were to have another dedicated LB, then a young buck/prospect was the most obvious.

This is actually a very good signing for Stoke, at a very good price. £3m for a 24 year old Dutch international, would have been nice for him to have joined a fellow 24 year old Dutch international at Carrow Road.

I''d be happy with Olsson of course, but I couldn''t imagine a better left back for £3m.

It does make you wonder whether there was somebody else signing players at QPR.

Isn''t Olsson meant to be valued at around £3million and he is the same age-ish?

If so then I''m sorry but I think Olsson is the better bet. He has played in the premiership already, knows English football and so shouldn''t take too long to settle in.

Pieters could take a little while.

The good thing about this is that Stoke and Hughes were said to be interested in Olsson, so if they have got Pieters I should imagine that ends their interest in him.

Not only that but Hughes'' style of play is probably not that far off Pulis'' so I don''t know what that says in terms of Pieters.

Can''t say that I see any similarities at all between Hughes and Pulis to be honest, the closest thing to Stoke last season was Norwich City. Hughes always tries to play with the ball on the floor but just failed miserably at QPR. His Fulham side scored 49 goals and finished 8th on 49 points and scored 12 goals in their last four games.