Sign in to follow this  
LifeLongCanary

Chelsea bid for Ruddy turned down

[quote user="LifeLongCanary"]£5million bid from Chelsea turned down, according to sky sources. Would want at least that for him![/quote] Sun sources I mean!

With Courtois and Chech on their paylist I think Chelsea is the last place Ruddy is going.

Courtois was best keeper in La Liga last season and Chech is still one of the bests in the world.

I call bullsh*t on this one.

It''s from Charlie Wyett and he''s more reliable than Nursey. I would not be surprised if they went for Ruddy as most clubs would like 2 or 3 capable keepers

Courtois has another season in Spain so they have Turnbull as No. 2. The fact that they think Ruddy is short term cover is insulting, if Ruddy had half a brain I''m sure he''d turn them down anyway.

£5m?! F**k off. That''lll just about cover his gloves.

He''ll cost at least 2.5 x that amount.

Insulting to both us and Ruddy. I''d tell em to get bent for that reason alone.

I''ve seen a lot of this ''Chelsea asked to double their 5m offer'' stuff on different tweets.

Why on earth would any club say that about a player they do to want to sell?

Surely you just say no, no matter what the offer, or just keep saying no each time they offer more until you can''t refuse it.

10 million and thank u very much special one can get a decent keeper for half that amount and more money to upgrade the squad. As a man don''t like him much either met him a few times comes across to be as arrogant and aloof

Would he play regularly at Chelsea?who knows , first name on the team sheet for us. Mignolet for £11m sets the pace for similar ability and age, but if he goes we have to replace which will not be easy

Would only be happy if we had Forster lined up and a marquee signing with the difference.

I''d rather he stayed though, even for £15m. I am looking forward to the Ruddy, Bassong, Turner combo. I think we''ll really push on provided they can stay fit.

[quote user="super canary"]double it to ten and chuck turnbull in and then maybe.....but probably still no.[/quote]

Chelsea released Turnbull (and Hilario) at the end of last season, so currently have no back up keeper......sadly I think there maybe legs in this one??

Move to Chelsea will put England ambitions on hold. But £10m plus and Marin or Van Ginkel on season long loan could be tempting.

Sitting on the bench behind Cech, can''t see it happening.

It hasn''t exactly done him any harm playing for one of the supposed "smaller " clubs now has it, if he was getting overlooked for England playing for us, then maybe it would be appealing, but surely guaranteed 1st team footy and being in the England squad is enough to keep him here??!!

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Forster + cash would be an acceptable outcome. Can''t blame Ruddy for going if Chelsea come in for him.[/quote]Agreed.  Forster is at least as good as Ruddy IMO, and let''s not forget that Ruddy may have ongoing injury problems. 

It''s a good job Indy bones hasn''t seen this. Think it originally broke on Twitter! We shouldn''t be talking about this! There is no concrete source from the club etc. Instead, lets talk about the prospect of signing Isco and Owen.

To anyone concerned by this don''t be, we have him on a long contract and no desire to sell... It would take silly money to get him here. 5 million is a disgrace, probably an attempt to unsettle a player, but I figure Ruddy to have more class than that after committing his long term future to the club. If that chap from Sunderland is worth 11 million, then the bidding for Ruddy starts at 15.

It makes no sense at all.

He''ll be 1st choice for one of the top 11 teams in the country. He''ll be right in the frame for England by playing regularly. Staying right here me thinks.

The only top 10 team, at the moment, he could be first choice for, would be Arsenal. That could still happen, but not Chelsea

[quote user="Jersey Canary"]£10m plus then sell. £6 for Fraser Forster and job done. £4m to put towards more creativity in our team.[/quote]Let it go, much better out there.

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Jersey Canary"]£10m plus then sell. £6 for Fraser Forster and job done. £4m to put towards more creativity in our team.[/quote]Let it go, much better out there.[/quote]

Agreed

Not sure how ambitious Ruddy is, remember him saying he was considering giving up on Football completely when he was at Everton, he might be happy to stay here and be a big fish in a small pond. However if he wants to go then I wouldn''t stand in his way or be bitter about it, but we have to make sure that we have a suitable replcement lined up before we make the deal with Chelsea.

Replacement cost plus £10m. It''s not like they can''t afford it.

Would hate to see City lose Ruddy. We saw last season how much we missed his presence in the team. Top keepers are hard to find. With Norwich not needing to sell, any fee would need to be pretty substantial.I can''t see big John wanting to go anywhere he is not first choice though. It would be like his Everton days all over again.

Whilst I agree that mr Ruddy seems the more sensible type of player, and I''d like to think he won''t leave, if one if the best managers in the world comes calling, you listen. You''d be foolish not to! And if you think Celtic will just sell us a ready made replacement in Fraser Forster, you''ve got another thing coming. It would be a bit short sighted of us to let Steer and Ruddy go in the same summer. Still, he may not go anywhere.