Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

I just sat down this morning...

...and I''ve got to say my head is in a spin.

Just four short years ago we were looking at life in Division One, and let''s be honest here, things were not looking great. Now we have bought RVW, talking about buying Ola Toivonen, Leroy Fer, Hooper and others. The realisation of what has happened over the last four years has really hit me this morning. In all honesty, this was a million miles away just a few short years ago, and, I''m still having a struggle to take it all in. Here we are with the chance to firmly establish ourselves as a Premier Division side and everything seems to be pointing to the fact we look like grasping that.

Perhaps I''m just having a senior moment, but when you reflect it''s staggering how far we have come so quickly and the gulf between where we were and where we are is growing wider every season. Perhaps circumstances have granted us the chance to be competing at the top of the tree forever. I just hope we don''t at some point blow it.

Anyhow, daydream over...

I was thinking the same thing last week Waz. We''re old enough to know that football has a habit of changing before you know it. I''m just soaking it all up now and hoping it lasts as long as possible.

Right attitude, and it''s nice to enjoy!

On the other hand I''ve seen too many dozens of the country''s ''small-to-medium'' clubs settle overnight into the heady world of Prem signings, media coverage and glamour - all just as abruptly jettisoned into Football League wilderness when their time was up - to get too carried away just yet.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

Just four short years ago we were looking at life in Division One, and let''s be honest here, things were not looking great. Now we have bought RVW, talking about buying Ola Toivonen, Leroy Fer, Hooper and others. The realisation of what has happened over the last four years has really hit me this morning. In all honesty, this was a million miles away just a few short years ago, and, I''m still having a struggle to take it all in. Here we are with the chance to firmly establish ourselves as a Premier Division side and everything seems to be pointing to the fact we look like grasping that.

Perhaps I''m just having a senior moment, but when you reflect it''s staggering how far we have come so quickly and the gulf between where we were and where we are is growing wider every season. Perhaps circumstances have granted us the chance to be competing at the top of the tree forever. I just hope we don''t at some point blow it.

Anyhow, daydream over...

[/quote]What goes up, must come down.But hopefully not for a while yet.[;)]A quick glance at our history will tell you all you need to know.

[quote user="Number 9"]Just so we can understand the context, was it a small room you sat down in?[/quote]

Yup, it''s padded and my nurse is here too [:D]

When Wazzy''s head is spinning and he''s rambling on about rooms, we know he''s referring to mushrooms, [:D]

Which makes it all the more astonishing the amount of morons who were kicking off last year over the stupidest things like how our manager "praises" other teams and how we should be beating teams like Wigan and Southampton......

That strange knocking noise is not sinister, just others waiting to use the bathroom.

Make sure you pull your pants up before you rejoin civilisaton.

[quote user="ellis206"]

Which makes it all the more astonishing the amount of morons who were kicking off last year over the stupidest things like how our manager "praises" other teams and how we should be beating teams like Wigan and Southampton......

[/quote]

In their defense it was the fear that we were so close yet so far - we''re all united for the season break... They''ll be back ;)

[quote user="lappinitup"]When Wazzy''s head is spinning and he''s rambling on about rooms, we know he''s referring to mushrooms, [:D]
[/quote]

You know me too well Lapp! [:D]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="First Wazzock"]

Anyhow, daydream over...

[/quote]

What goes up, must come down.

But hopefully not for a while yet.[;)]

A quick glance at our history will tell you all you need to know.
[/quote]

Why ''must''?  That''s a bit defeatist Ricardo!