Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

wallabies v Lions

just starting folks. Sporting highlight of the day?

NCFC relevance: Well the Aussies play in yellow(ish) and green and that''s enough surely. 

"CDMullins"League''s class

Union''s dreadful

State of Origin. Last game decider. Best game of League in the world. Come on the Maroons!

"crabbycanary"Union is great

League is full of muscle monkeys

The only difference is that Union boys went to posher schools.

[quote user="crabbycanary"]

Union is great

League is full of muscle monkeys

[/quote]Why invent a game in which you can pick the ball up and run with it, then just kick it to each other.My local area is very League orientated. Super League is Good, NRL is much better but the State Of Origin is the pinnacle, even more so than the World Cup

fat men rolling around on the floor grabbing each other and putting their heads in each others Crotch....football.. now that''s a man''s game....

Game where success is based predominantly on other team getting penalties.

Fudgepackers in tight shirts fondling each other, even the ball is the wrong shape.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

just starting folks. Sporting highlight of the day?

NCFC relevance: Well the Aussies play in yellow(ish) and green and that''s enough surely. 

[/quote]NCFC relevance: They keep it tight at the back, pass the ball around a lot without ever shooting, and wait for set pieces to try and score.

Both codes could learn from each other, and football could learn a hell of a lot from both Union and League.

CDMullins - why do League players persist on trying to show their machismo, by running into people all the time? It''s all about the ball surely?!!

Some great comments, as always, from learned people, I see.

Nice one JvC.[:)]

This post was just meant to be a friendly reminder to those interested that the Lions game was due to start on Sky, and was not intended to induce a tirade of abuse against the game of Ruby Union.

We each have our likes and dislikes after all.

For the record, I thoroughly enjoyed that eighty odd minutes, although the result was disappointing in the end. The yellows won then!

Never mind, all set up for a Grand Finale next week.

The Ashes starts soon bye the way.

Duck.

[quote user="crabbycanary"]

Both codes could learn from each other, and football could learn a hell of a lot from both Union and League.

CDMullins - why do League players persist on trying to show their machismo, by running into people all the time? It''s all about the ball surely?!!

Some great comments, as always, from learned people, I see.

[/quote]Quite a number of the Castleford Tigers and Wakefield Wildcats sides come from players in my class, year and school. And to be honest without been rude, they wernt very clever.Exactly, we could take alot from Rugby, the way players speak to and respect the referee, the way they accurate time games and of course Video technology.Id much rather watch a poor game of RL than a average PL game.