Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Ground Control to Major Tom.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

For  £5m apparently.

Thoughts?

[/quote]With a belly full of "protein pills", I don''t think he''d pass the FA''s doping tests.

Are we signing him from Suffragette City?

At 5m he''ll be Under Pressure to make a good start, but succeed and he could have his Golden Years here. Who knows, he could make the hall of Fame.

I''m done.

If we don''t get him we''ll just have to rely on "All the Young Dudes."

They did with the Youth Cup after all.

I''m done too.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]I know this is probably a bit "Who are The Beatles?" but what is this thread about?[/quote]Seems City 1st might have been right when he said Purps was "not too bright". [:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]I know this is probably a bit "Who are The Beatles?" but what is this thread about?[/quote]Seems City 1st might have been right when he said Purps was "not too bright". [:D][/quote]

I can''t imagine City1st being wrong about anything, so yes, lapps, quite possibly. But I notice you can''t or won''t answer the question - what is this thread about? Not WHOM. I get that. It is little David Jones, one of those one-hit wonder singers from back in the sixties. London''s answer to Wink Martindale. But WHAT?

Nothing more than a very weak attempt to satirize all the "Holt to" threads, along with similar, currently dominating the Board.

Guilty as charged M''Lud. 

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Nothing more than a very weak attempt to satirize all the "Holt to" threads, along with similar, currently dominating the Board.

Guilty as charged M''Lud. 

[/quote]OK! Well, it did give me the chance to reference Wink Martindale. Possibly a first for this message-board.

I''m embarrassed as an American and as a child of 70''s pop culture to be able to tell you, PC, that Wink Martindale is/was a tv game show host in America. I don''t even remember what show it was but I do remember it was cr@p.