Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Huddlestone to Sunderland?

Big wages and a struggle to keep him fit, Fer seems a much better alternative in my opinion. I can see Sunderland struggling this season...

lousy player. Lazy, no ambition, poor attitude and just an all round general plum.

[quote user="Nicko"]lousy player. Lazy, no ambition, poor attitude and just an all round general plum.[/quote]Players respond to managers.

Lol, slightly harsh on the guy!I like him as a player, but his injury problems have severely hampered his career, without them I think he would have been a top player.But no, I wouldn''t want him here, purely based on his injury record.

[quote user="splutcho"]Awful player. Sunderland are welcome to him.[/quote]

Agreed

Dont get why people cream over him, is he really an improvement on what we have?

I don''t see the lazy bit, and whilst he isn''t the most mobile he certainly isn''t slow.

He''s got a good range of passing on him and a good shot too.

However it remains to be seen if he is over his injuries now and whether he can put them behind him.

Where he is a bit of a let down is that whilst he plays that holding role, he doesn''t make use of his stature enough and he isn''t brilliantly strong defensively.

I should imagine that will change with him going to Stoke if they pull it off.

I''m just waiting for Bently to go there too.

Has flashes of being a great footballer, but not enough to play regular for a top team... never had consistency to his game..With the aforementioned injury problems... weight problems and high wages, it has to be a no for NCFC, worth a punt for a team like Sunderland who don''t mind spunking ca$h.

If i remember rightly Huddlestone said he wouldn''t cut his hair till he scored another goal....... he still has long hair as far as I know.He didn''t even score his penalty against Basel.

I believe most of us are in agreement that if we need to strengthen the midfield it''s with a midfielder who can score. Therefore I don''t see any need to have Huddlestone.

Huddlestone could be a wonderful player whether it''s desire holding him back or the lack of opportunities at Spurs I don''t know, but I would love him here.Make him feel wanted and valued and maybe get the best out of him. Well worth the ''risk'' if the price is right. I presume when he decided not to cut his hair until he scored he thought that he may get more that the occasional ten minutes!

"I believe most of us are in agreement that if we need to strengthen the midfield it''s with a midfielder who can score"

I''m more interested in a midfielder who can pass. Huddlestone can, but he isn''t the answer, for the same reason that Fox isn''t the answr.