Sign in to follow this  
Dr Zeuss

Canaries Royal Norfolk Show stand

I think you''re wrong. The club is secure in the area because of there is no realistic alternative. Generation after generation follow Norwich, that''s unlikely to change. I''m certainly not going to discourage my kids from supporting them because they are not doling out a few stickers and cuddly toys.

The point you make about money, maybe. But why waste it? It might be an insignificant amount in terms of overall budget but why spend it unnecessarily? Every available penny to the football budget....I mean by the same token they could knock a fiver off the price of 2,000 casual tickets for each home game, it''s only 10 grand, that''s a drop in the ocean these days but they aren''t going to do that either.

I also pointed out how they retain contact with the youngsters, citing my own children''s experiences. They get the opportunity to identify with the club, they get the chance to "feel the magic" but I''m paying for it rather than the club!!!

[quote user="Warren Hill"]I think you''re wrong. The club is secure in the area because of there is no realistic alternative. Generation after generation follow Norwich, that''s unlikely to change. I''m certainly not going to discourage my kids from supporting them because they are not doling out a few stickers and cuddly toys.

The point you make about money, maybe. But why waste it? It might be an insignificant amount in terms of overall budget but why spend it unnecessarily? Every available penny to the football budget....I mean by the same token they could knock a fiver off the price of 2,000 casual tickets for each home game, it''s only 10 grand, that''s a drop in the ocean these days but they aren''t going to do that either.

I also pointed out how they retain contact with the youngsters, citing my own children''s experiences. They get the opportunity to identify with the club, they get the chance to "feel the magic" but I''m paying for it rather than the club!!![/quote]

Except that I am sure the directors still have the long-term aim of expanding the stadium to 34,000 or 35,000 seats. That means not just attracting the next generation of fans, but several thousand extra fans.And don''t forget it is not so long ago that in the top flight we have crowds of 16,000 or so. The reason why we have full houses now and a waiting list is because the old regime really worked on the family club and affordable family football bit. We cannot afford to get complacent about our support and assume it will always continue.As to the money, the point is that if you are going to have a pitch at the show at all it needs to look good. It needs a bit of a "wow" factor for the kids. And it really would hardly cost anything much at all to achieve that. Just a bit of thought. We really are not talking about anything that would harm the transfer budget.

The only way you will fill a stadium of 34-35k fans is to serve up regular winning (and entertaining) football at not-too-unaffordable prices.  It has nothing to do with how many pens you give away or how many faces you paint at an agricultural vanity show in your own back yard (in terms of catchment area).

I think if the figure of £35k is correct (no reason to think not) then that is an insignificant amount to keep the ''feel good factor'' out there to 10s of thousands of people. It would cost a hell of a lot more to reach that amount of people in other marketing ways.

The concept of putting all ''spare'' money towards the team is a noble one and , on it''s merits, is correct, but that is not how big businesses work. If they wanted to save £35k there are plenty of other ways of trimming costs in other sectors of the Club. For example, I had 2 texts yesterday (from the Club?) asking me if I would be interested in a Johnny Howson shirt. 

Big Businesses spend a fair % of their budget purely on advertising/marketing, to keep their name out there.

The feedback from the Show stand has all been negative, and that is the thought processes that the majority of people will take away with them.  

Purple, I totally agree that it''s dangerous to take support for granted. I think that stadium expansion would also be dangerous. Far better to have 27k full seats than 5k empty ones. But that''s a different matter..

As it is, Sky, MOTD and being able to play as NCFC on Fifa 14 and Pro-Evo will still have more impact on local kids than a goodie bag at the Norfolk Show. Perhaps that''s a sad indictment of the way things are but I think it''s probably true.

A few more years solidly competing at the top table will encourage far more kids to support us than anything we do at any show.

Perhaps the club would''ve been better off doing nothing? I''m sure that would have met with equal if not more vociferous criticism. I wonder how many people have bought season tickets in the past based on their experience at the stall at the RNS?

Warren, I can see what you are saying, and I would agree that nobody will look to want to get a season ticket purely on a visit to the RNS. The points are not really connective though, are they?

To take a stand on at the RNS, the priority of the Club would not be (immediate ) potential season ticket holders.

For the kids who play on their Fifa 14 etc, the magic of seeing something tangible from ''their'' Club is worth a hell of a lot. You were a kid once!! ;)

Of course I was and I''ve touched on that on this thread, I''ve also explained how the club do things that allow the kids to experience "the magic" but as I also said, it''s just that I pay for it instead of the club!!! However it''s dressed up, the club don''t need to be giving out freebies, perfectly demonstrated by the dozen or so mascots we have week in week out at £250 a pop or whatever it is!! The magic and experiences are still there for the kids...it''s just bloody expensive and there is no shortage of people queuing up to pay.

Just as a matter of interest, this is taken from the club website.   Explains a lot, really.  The community stuff was on a different stand,  the corporate stuff being at the NCFC stand.

"A full-size  replica of the 2013 Lotus Formula One car will be one of the

main attractions in the official Norwich City Football Club tent at the

Royal Norfolk Show, which is open to the public today and tomorrow. 

The Canaries marquee will be set up in stand no: 467 on Avenue 16 at the

Showground, and visitors will have a unique opportunity for photos with

the model of the race-winning machine.

The FA Youth Cup trophy will also be proudly on display after Neil

Adams’ Under-18s’ side memorable victory in the competition last season.

You will also be able to test your reactions on our Batak Pro machines and join in with competitions with our Study Centre!

Also available is our new replica home shirt at the Club Shop, while you

can get all your ticket information for next season at our Ticket

Office and see what events are coming up with Delia’s Canary Catering.  

Two of the Club''s other official partners, Fosters Solicitors and

Norwich & Peterborough Building Society, will be on hand with some

of their product offers too.

We also have our hospitality side for our corporate customers, and don’t

forget to visit our Community Sports Foundation team on Stand 491,

Avenue 16 for fun and games, including the inflatable Sportasaurus

Challenge, all free of charge!

"

Sounds like the club did make an effort.   

Sorry, I keep being trolled. Just as a matter of interest, this is taken from the club website.   Explains a lot, really.  The community stuff was on a different stand,  the corporate stuff being at the NCFC stand.

"A full-size  replica of the 2013 Lotus Formula One car will be one of the

main attractions in the official Norwich City Football Club tent at the

Royal Norfolk Show, which is open to the public today and tomorrow. 

The Canaries marquee will be set up in stand no: 467 on Avenue 16 at the

Showground, and visitors will have a unique opportunity for photos with

the model of the race-winning machine.

The FA Youth Cup trophy will also be proudly on display after Neil

Adams’ Under-18s’ side memorable victory in the competition last season.

You will also be able to test your reactions on our Batak Pro machines and join in with competitions with our Study Centre!

Also available is our new replica home shirt at the Club Shop, while you

can get all your ticket information for next season at our Ticket

Office and see what events are coming up with Delia’s Canary Catering.  

Two of the Club''s other official partners, Fosters Solicitors and

Norwich & Peterborough Building Society, will be on hand with some

of their product offers too.

We also have our hospitality side for our corporate customers, and don’t

forget to visit our Community Sports Foundation team on Stand 491,

Avenue 16 for fun and games, including the inflatable Sportasaurus

Challenge, all free of charge!

"

Sounds like the club did make an effort.   

Why assume my "moan whinge whine" post is about you LDC?Oh thats right, because you''re a whiney victim.Now I suggest you change your childish tagline before admin tells you to[Y]

Perhaps the most amusing thing about this whole thread is that for all the argument and counter-argument, I think only two people who have posted actually went to the Royal Norfolk Show and saw the stand.Oh, and Til''s mate who said it was the worst one ever, or something, implying he/she goes there every year with a clipboard.Splendid stuff.Roll on Everton!

[quote user="morty"]Why assume my "moan whinge whine" post is about you LDC?Oh thats right, because you''re a whiney victim.[/quote]

As night follows day, my posts are invariably followed by Morty, with words containing  "whine" or " whinge"  - as in the second line of your last post. You can''t help yourself.Now can we keep to the subject of the thread?   Does not the club sound to have made quite a bit of effort at the RNS with its involvement on the Sports Foundation stand as well as its own stand?

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]Why assume my "moan whinge whine" post is about you LDC?Oh thats right, because you''re a whiney victim.[/quote]

As night follows day, my posts are invariably followed by Morty, with words containing  "whine" or " whinge"  - as in the second line of your last post. You can''t help yourself.Now can we keep to the subject of the thread?   Does not the club sound to have made quite a bit of effort at the RNS with its involvement on the Sports Foundation stand as well as its own stand?

[/quote]You love it, don''t you? You''re obsessed. My moan post wasn''t actually about you, but don''t let that get in the way of your self pity[Y] And going to the effort of changing your tagline? Grow up man.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]Why assume my "moan whinge whine" post is about you LDC?Oh thats right, because you''re a whiney victim.[/quote]As night follows day, my posts are invariably followed by Morty, with words containing  "whine" or " whinge"  - as in the second line of your last post. You can''t help yourself.Now can we keep to the subject of the thread?   Does not the club sound to have made quite a bit of effort at the RNS with its involvement on the Sports Foundation stand as well as its own stand? [/quote]You love it, don''t you? You''re obsessed. My moan post wasn''t actually about you, but don''t let that get in the way of your self pity[Y] And going to the effort of changing your tagline? Grow up man.[/quote]

Yes, whatever you want to think, Morty, its entirely up to you.   Now what about the club''s involvement - as it now transpires it was involved in two stands at the RNS which changes the perspective, wouldn''t you think?