Sign in to follow this  
Dr Zeuss

Canaries Royal Norfolk Show stand

Was it just me or did others find this so bad it was embarrassing ? We were greeted by someone trying to sell Academy scratch cards, no one seemed interested in engaging with any visitors and nothing, but nothing was free, not even a pencil for kids. All the people manning the stall were interested in was selling!

Now I know we have to have a commercial edge, but for any commercial enterprise sometimes it pays to give a little as well as take. The overall impression at he Canaries tent was that what I was visiting was a charity! As a season ticket holder I hoped for a bit more and felt embarrassed that the guests I had pursued to walk down there were left wondering what the fuss was about!

Completely agree. Certainly not one of the better stands on the day. Seemed to be manned by some youngsters who were trying to sell some fairly cheapish looking stuff. No form of greeting by anyone in authority and overall hugely disappointing effort from a multi million pound Premier Club.

Was it the Youth Cup or the FA Cup on display ???

Dr Zeuss, that might be because the Community Sports Foundation and the Acadamy ARE registered charities.

also, its the Royal Norfolk show..... The club arent going to send Hughton, McNally and a player and do a Q and A.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Dr Zeuss, that might be because the Community Sports Foundation and the Acadamy ARE registered charities.

also, its the Royal Norfolk show..... The club arent going to send Hughton, McNally and a player and do a Q and A.

[/quote]   Not sure what your comments are in response to but they don''t seem relevant to the point I was making, which was simply to say that some customer focussed approach wouldn''t have gone amiss, they managed it on the rehousing tortoises stand (which is not for profit) and most others too so why couldn''t they on the NCFC one, unless of course you think that McNally and Hughton are the only people at the club with customer facing skills.  The fact that it IS the Royal Norfolk Show is seen by many exhibitors as a PR opportunity, clearly the club didn''t (enough).  Did you go to this years Show?

I love our fans.

"Wull, there hint much gorn on is there bor?"

"Nope. Int noo noo players soinin or nuffin, ass crap int ut?"

"Moind, did yer goo ter the shoo?"

"That Norridge stand was a rummun wunt ut? Rubbish, allus they wus durn is troyin ter squeeze a foo quid outer the 100,000 captive ordience, whatever next?"

"Terrible Nail, they wottad a bin gittin the kids a lood a gare fer nuffin"

"Ass roight. Oi int renurn next yare"

Any stick to beat our club with.....

In all fairness, I do remember meeting Darren Eadie at the city tent way back when he had floppy hair. As a kid it was a great moment. Although, at that point I think we were getting pretty desperate for fans!

Sounds bad.   People pay good money to go to these shows and if you''re going to have a stand at a public show you have to treat it with a bit more enthusiasm than a tractor stall or a  double glazing stand.   If the people in charge of the stall are not really interested, then the public won''t be.  For a football club, a player or two in evidence would be good and as others have said, some freebees - ie good publicity    Maybe even some ball skill competitions or something to grab the attention.   If you''re going to put on a stall, you might as well do it properly.  

Oi dint goo ter the shoo, ass too far intut. Still moon about ut thoo, even thow oi hint gottaclew what wus gorn on....

There is photographic evidence of a Mr Snodgrass being there, posing for said photos and even talking to fans.

Still, don''t let that get in the way. Let''s have a good old moan....

[quote user="Warren Hill"]Oi dint goo ter the shoo, ass too far intut. Still moon about ut thoo, even thow oi hint gottaclew what wus gorn on....

There is photographic evidence of a Mr Snodgrass being there, posing for said photos and even talking to fans.

Still, don''t let that get in the way. Let''s have a good old moan....[/quote]To be fair LDC has a point although, like him, I didn''t attend which presumably means our opinions don''t count. In fact there''s no need to have been there as the OP''s description sounds spot on for NCFC at present. It''s all about making a fast buck.We''re a Premier League club. We should act like one. Here was an opportunity to showcase NCFC so would it really have been that costly to have said, " Today we''re here solely to promote the Club " and given away a few plastic stickers, key rings, pens, photos, etc.?It''s not as though we''re skint exactly....

[quote user="Warren Hill"]Oi dint goo ter the shoo, ass too far intut. Still moon about ut thoo, even thow oi hint gottaclew what wus gorn on....

Still, don''t let that get in the way. Let''s have a good old moan....[/quote]

Well, I commented on this thread because there''s not a lot else to comment on the board at the moment, apart from endless, mostly meaningless, player speculation.  As someone who has been involved with the Norfolk Show in the past, I was commenting generally - and the general  point stands - if you are going to put on a stall at a public show, do it properly, otherwise you might as well not bother. 

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Warren Hill"]Oi dint goo ter the shoo, ass too far intut. Still moon about ut thoo, even thow oi hint gottaclew what wus gorn on....

Still, don''t let that get in the way. Let''s have a good old moan....[/quote]To be fair LDC has a point although, like him, I didn''t attend which presumably means our opinions don''t count. In fact there''s no need to have been there as the OP''s description sounds spot on for NCFC at present. It''s all about making a fast buck.We''re a Premier League club. We should act like one. Here was an opportunity to showcase NCFC so would it really have been that costly to have said, " Today we''re here solely to promote the Club " and given away a few plastic stickers, key rings, pens, photos, etc.?It''s not as though we''re skint exactly....[/quote]Notwithstanding the counter argument that people would then have moaned about the quality of the stickers/key rings/pens/photos, "my daughter choked on a Norwich City pen lid" etc etc.  "We''re Premier League now, what are we doing giving out stickers and key rings when we want to be out there signing players, we''re already as good as down" etc etc moooooo.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Warren Hill"]Oi dint goo ter the shoo, ass too far intut. Still moon about ut thoo, even thow oi hint gottaclew what wus gorn on....

Still, don''t let that get in the way. Let''s have a good old moan....[/quote]To be fair LDC has a point although, like him, I didn''t attend which presumably means our opinions don''t count. In fact there''s no need to have been there as the OP''s description sounds spot on for NCFC at present. It''s all about making a fast buck.We''re a Premier League club. We should act like one. Here was an opportunity to showcase NCFC so would it really have been that costly to have said, " Today we''re here solely to promote the Club " and given away a few plastic stickers, key rings, pens, photos, etc.?It''s not as though we''re skint exactly....[/quote]

All about the fast buck. Yep, new kit every year, expensive casual tickets, expensive merchandise. In the same post you say we should act like a Premier League club. Welcome to the Premier League. Why give stuff away when people will buy it?

And I stand by my point which is our fans will find any reason to have a pop at the club.

Blimey, ITK armchair supporters commenting on a show they didn''t attend? If you did some homework, watched something similar to the Norfolk Show clip NCFC put on Facebook, you would see there are kids doing things.

Anything to moan, eh? Shows the negativity of a few fans wanting to jump on the back of the club at any chance.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=501925076547472&set=vb.133065016766815&type=2&theater

Pleased to see some balanced views on my OP, as someone who went to their first match in 1962 I think I am we''ll qualified to regard myself as a "loyal supporter"'', so just for the record my post was not about having a "pop" I don''t moan about much, if anything, life''s too short, but I do care passionately about customer care and in that respect the club, like a lot of other businesses, has a long way to go. If you had a bad meal at Yellows and complained would that be regarded as having a pop at the club or justified customer response?

[quote user="Dr Zeuss"]Pleased to see some balanced views on my OP, as someone who went to their first match in 1962 I think I am we''ll qualified to regard myself as a "loyal supporter"'', so just for the record my post was not about having a "pop" I don''t moan about much, if anything, life''s too short, but I do care passionately about customer care and in that respect the club, like a lot of other businesses, has a long way to go. If you had a bad meal at Yellows and complained would that be regarded as having a pop at the club or justified customer response?[/quote]But presumably you would have gone to Yellows to have a meal, and paid your money to have the meal.  Whereas presumably you didn''t go to the Norfolk Show, and pay to get in, just to see the Norwich City stand.

If I didn''t go to the show how would I have been in any position to comment, please re-read the OP. all I''m really saying is the the club spent good money to buy the stand space and let itself down. Looks like Snodhrass had left before I got there! As a supporter and local fan that hurts me and my sense of pride.

What he said was, that you didn''t pay to get into the Show for the sole purpose of visiting the NCFC stand, not that you didn''t attend te show.

[quote user="Dr Zeuss"]LDC summed it up , the club missed an opportunity![/quote]An opportunity to do what?Convert passing fans of other teams?Convince them to buy a season ticket?Sell the club to potential billionaire investors that may be at the show?

At least some fans didn''t miss the opportunity to have a moan!! Can''t even pick a scapegoat or boo-boy until we know the squad....

LDC, your opinion counts as much as anyone else''s, what doesn''t is your criticism of the club not having representatives or playing staff there when they did.

Feel free to continue moaning.

Also, while we''re finding insignificant things to moan about, it''s either"Zeus" (scary old God figure)or "Dr. Seuss" (as in the Cat in the Hat)But not "Dr. Zeuss".And really you do need the punctuation full stop after Dr to signify the abbreviation of Doctor, otherwise your name is Dr which is hard to pronounce and probably not your actual name.Good luck with freebies next time.

Jesus there''s no pleasing some people!

They had a F1 car!! What more do you want!?

I bet you wanted Holty and co all lined up signing autographs for you and your kids as you''re a ''loyal supporter''

They''re all rightly on the beach resting and recuperating for next season!

I thought the show was great! Highlight being hurling abuse at Jed Steer in the car park and seeing Garth Marenghi with his family

Please note, LDC and company complaining nothing for kids to do, missed my post, ahem. I was there, saw it. Video shows it. I assume more disappointment no recognisable faces to supporters on show.

I was disappointed not to see Wurzle Gummidge & Co walking around signing autographs and that there were more real tractor boys about.

I am still very much with Dr Zeuss on this one. It is not a case of looking for something to moan about.

The Royal Norfolk Show has massive support from the county and provides an opportunity to show the best of Norfolk. It is also an occasion for various local clients to meet the people behind the business. As anyone who attends the Club''s AGM will know the Chairman is very much in the "we are in the big league now" and we all know that virtually all of big business is all about making quick bucks coupled with non-existent service.

Several local companies, Archant in particular, made great efforts to welcome and talk to their customers. You would have thought the Club, with all their money, would have taken the opportunity to treat the youngsters to a little amount of competition and chat to their very, very highly paid players. Plus some freebies. All we saw was a cheap outfit selling mainly over stocked goods. The impression clearly was we are not bothered but will merely make a token appearance.

By the way to hear that despite an attendance of 90,000 plus, there was only a camera went missing over the two days, speaks volumes for the people of Norfolk. Pity the Football Club could not join in the atmosphere of the event.

For me there''s been a general disassociation by the club from the great unwashed gradually over the years.

The same goes for press access and general lack of information coming from that quarter.

At least on a Friday night on Look East or About Anglia you would often get an interview with a player or the Manager or team news or a quirky story about the club, but those days seem long gone.

I suppose that''s progress for you.