Sign in to follow this  
Cricketer

Rumour Mill Roundup

Todays apparent rumours say

We are still in for Jonjo Shelvey along with Swansea and West Ham

Various Sources have us along with two other Premiership teams bidding for Bristol City`s Albert Adomah

The rumours surrounding us with Diego Capel look wide of the mark, latest talk is he being chased by the red and white side of Madrid

Now we come too tomorrow, initial suggestions are we will announce the signings of Ola Toivonen 5.6m, Leroy Fer 7.2m and Gary Hooper 5.8m

The deal for Fer is done through his agent, and he will sign on the dotted line on the 8th July once he is back from Bali ( Lucky Bugger )

Gary Hooper Celtic fans believe is on his way as he has removed his Celtic tags from his twiiter account, and believe a deal has been brokered he has also been getting some stick from Celtic fans so that has helped the cause in him not wanting to sign a new deal

All in all be a interesting couple of days 

Whose suggestions are that we will announce these signings? Unlikely to happen but the excitement of spending £20M on 3 players & still be in the market for more......how times have changed in the last 3/4 years!

Would be very happy with the Toivonen, Fer & Hooper. Would just leave a full back, a winger & a back up keeper as definite additions.

I would say the Shelvey link us to cover Toivonen not signing!

I know its Wikipedia, but was just having a read about Leroy Fer, and the article says he was training with Everton on June 20th and re-discussing a move with them after his signing fell through in January.

Would seem from this highly unreliable source of information that he, and most of our other rumoured targets, will be joining Everton.

Guess we''ll see in the coming days. Sounds a good player though

I''m staying cautious about all of these as they may be linked to other happenings. Should Fellaini leave Everton, then I''d see Fer most likely to go there. Toivenon currently has the choice of City or staying at PSV on a new contract. Will he gamble on another PL club coming in for him? Hard to tell. Hooper seems the most likely to happen, especially if Toivenon says no, as IMO, Toivenon could fill both the AM and striker roles and Hooper would not be needed. It will be an interesting week all right, but I''m not as optimistic as most on this thread. Finally there is, however, a reasonable chance of Naughton coming on loan, but that may not happen yet unless Spurs have a replacement lined up.

if there is the slightest chance that an everton fan can edit something to make it look as if they''re signing a target instead of us, you can almost guarantee that they did (Wiki, Dodgyrumours)

they are incredibly, for lack of a better word, salty, about the entire notion that they could be losing out on players to a team like us for financial reasons.

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]the article says he was training with Everton on June 20th[/quote]Everton''s players are due to report back for pre-season training on Wednesday 03-07-13 so that can''t be true can it?

There is also the fact that Fer is in Bali on holiday at the moment, which makes ''training with Everton'' sound more than dubious. I still think that Fer coming to City is a long shot though.