Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

RVW and Holt

I am assuming Holt is staying, and there are a lot of threads already about that - and there are a lot of threads about RVW and Holt  individually, but what about them both being involved?    We''ve seen  Holty play the withdrawn role a few times as  when he played with Jackson in the team.   It worked up to a point with Jackson, although he wasn''t clinical enough.   With someone like RVW who hopefully will score more than Jackson, it could be that both RVW and Holt will feature heavily in the team next season.    442 or 4411, or even 433 - these are only labels and formations can be fluid, so why not? 

If Holt chips in with 8 - 10 goals, RVW 8 - 10 goals, with goals from midfield and a few from defenders too, this could be the view next season. A starting line up with RVW and Holt.   I''d certainly like to see it and with squad strengthened during the summer, there will be many more options to add to that.

I don''t think 4-3-3 would be a goer without one of the two having to play out wide, which would nullify their threat through the middle and push Snodgrass/Pilkington out of the frame.The way Hughton tends to set up the team would lead me to plan for the in vogue 4-5-1/4-3-3 with RVW through the middle, Snodgrass right and Pilkington/EB left.  Toivonen would be the forward lying disruptive & attacking mid, Howson the box to box jack of all trades and Johnson/Tettey the ball winner.This at best makes Holt an impact sub for the last 20.

I agree. We only scored 41 last season playing largely 1 up front. I would love to see a more attack minded formation 442, or 4411. Holt would play a great role alongside RvW or just behind.

Last year I felt we lacked attacking options and on several occasions with a lone striker we were very ineffectual particularly if we had gone behind we were rarely able to do anything about overturning the situation.

Two up front will allow more creativity and more options. I''m pretty sure RvW played in a two up front for Sporting Lisbon so I hope this is something Hughton will concentrate.

Would quite like us to bring in another forward to be our number 2. Holt and becchio on the bench fighting to come on the field.

Lets see what happens a lot will go on this window and I expect another striker to come in and give us much more firepower.