Sign in to follow this  
Foghorn

Grant Holt on TalkSport - Transfer Talk

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/transfer-talk-show/130629/holt-ruddys-link-chelsea-and-his-own-norwich-future-200644

Doesn''t sound to me like a player who''s going to (pick one of the following.....) Celtic, Wigan, Palace, Real Madrid or anywhere.

Also spoke very sensibly about Ruddy - says he''s not surprised that other clubs are interested, but again, it didn''t sound like he thinks Ruddy is going. He did say that he picks up the paper and laughs at some of the stories, and that he feels sorry for the fans who keep reading all the cr@p (not his actual word).

Worth a listen.

Don''t discount Holt''s agent and his behind the scenes activities.  A source close to how football agents work has confirmed that "the agent will look for whatever he can find and will say whatever he

can to get other parties interested.  This does not mean that everything

he says has any direct input from his client.  He will simply say

whatever he can to drum up interest."On that basis, even if Holt thinks and hopes he''s staying, his agent could be engineering a move elsewhere.

An agents job is to earn himself and the player as much money as he can. I really can''t see anybody beating Holt''s current two year deal, can you?

[quote user="Jan van Chopsburg"]Don''t discount Holt''s agent and his behind the scenes activities.  A source close to how football agents work has confirmed that "the agent will look for whatever he can find and will say whatever he

can to get other parties interested.  This does not mean that everything

he says has any direct input from his client.  He will simply say

whatever he can to drum up interest."On that basis, even if Holt thinks and hopes he''s staying, his agent could be engineering a move elsewhere.[/quote]Thing is, the player employs the agent, not the other way round.I think Huckerby went against his agents advice when he signed for us.

Exactly right, morty. And remember all the football experts on here who wanted Huckerby gone then too? It''s the same lack of faith and loyalty being shown Holt now.

[quote user="Ches right hand man "]he does say we''ve brought in a few international experienced players?[/quote]Garrido and van Wolfswinkel.

[quote user="Ches right hand man "]Does Garrido count as we already had him?[/quote]He was only on loan last season. But yeah, its down to interpretation I guess, he doesn''t feel like a new signing.

i don''t care what anyone says he has been our greatest ever player barr none... hucks , peters, keelan all great but nobody has had such an effect on our history...... captain  leader legend  OTBC

Think that''s a bit of an exaggeration, he is definitely right up there with ''legend'' status, but it is silly talk to say that he is by far and away the best ever. Players like Keelan and Kenny Foggo were the heroes of their day, shouldn''t discount players like that just because they aren''t widely remembered by us youngsters.

Then you have Ron Davies who was considered the best in the game by some of his generations top managers, have you seen the impact that he had?

While you can claim that Holt has achieved more with Norwich than Huckerby, there is no way that you can compare them in terms of technical ability, Huckerby was the most under rated English player of his generation. Ian Crook was one of the most under rated of the generation prior.

As much as he tarnished his reputation in 2009, Bryan Gunn is an icon in the game and was one of the top keepers in the old First division.

Then you have the problem with the line "nobody has had such an effect on our history". If you need to identify individuals for our rise over the past four years then you need to include Lambert, Hoolahan, and McNally. If we stay up again this season then we will have a lot to thank Hughton for also.

Mark Bowen was a superb player too, head and shoulders over any full back that we have had in the past 20 years.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]And remember all the football experts on here who wanted Huckerby gone then too? It''s the same lack of faith and loyalty being shown Holt now.[/quote]Who???Who on earth actually said they wanted Hucks gone, because I certainly can''t remember anyone (not saying there weren''t a few escaped mental patients who did)!The situations are NOT comparable regardless, as Hucks was at the end of his contract whereas Holt has 2 years left of a juicy contract that he managed to finagle out of the club last season after all the transfer request malarkey...With all players there is a time to move on, now it may or may not be Holt''s time at this stage, but to dismiss the idea out of hand is badly short sighted and speaks too much of letting hearts rules heads for many posters.

I don''t recall specific names of posters but there were plenty of threads back then about Huckerby no longer being worthy when he was still our best player.

Now it''s aimed at the very capable Holt. Your concern for the future is fine but let''s take care of the present first to make sure there is a Prem future. Don''t fret over £4 million transfer fee lost if keeping Holt makes it that much more likely we get another £60 million in tv money.

Whatever we get for selling him would be used up on replacing him with someone who most likely wont contribute anything close to what Holt has done consistently for the passed several years.

It''s not rocket science, it''s just common sense.

I think HUckerby is a different kettle of fish. He was a big fish in a very small pond, not just the best player in our team but probably one of the best in whatever division we played with, a complete legend.

Lets just see with holt, I agree we are very excited in the new players coming in and we may now be aware of one or two leaving. I think holty is in hughtons plans for this season. We are bringing a lot of options I hope upfront and in midfiel, so for me if they come I and shove holty on the bench I will be happy as it will mean we have brought in better.

Sure holt wants to leave when we have options, but it will depend if he wants out. I don''t think he will get any club give him the £££ we have assigned to him for the next two years. If so and they are up north if he goes I will be surprised but it will be more of his decision than the clubs.

Just can''t wait for genuine quAlity to come in and be our first 11 and in turn improve our bench and squad.