Sign in to follow this  
Archie

Leon to Charlton

Of course it is News of the World speculation, but they quote a 1.5mil bid. Not suprised given his form at the end of the season, but lets be honest he was way below the standard at the beginning of the season

I think if we got a 1.5mil bid we would say not personally

he is worth alot more than that to us. no need to sell him. if we got offered like £2.5m then maybe they would think about it, but there''s no point having money if you aint got the player. we have to look at who would we replace him with that would be better than him for that money?

1.5 is no where near enough!

and leon is going no-where!

Nigel wouldnt sell him and McKenzie wouldnt go, he is to loyal to do something like that. This is old, weve also heard that francis is off to charlton, i think not.........

Leon is worth a lot more than 1.5 million!!!

Some Championship teams have been asking up to and beyond £3 million for some of their strikers.

How much did West Ham want for Harewood?

[quote]Of course it is News of the World speculation, but they quote a 1.5mil bid. Not suprised given his form at the end of the season, but lets be honest he was way below the standard at the beginning of t...[/quote]

He can''t go - I drive a canary yellow Seat "Leon" Cupra - sad or what ?

I''d have to change my car if he went and I can''t aford it.

Hes my favourite player. and i would be so annoyed if he left. He showed good form at the end of the season but if i think a season in the champ will do him good. Better than being on the Charlton bench

I have heard that Leon is having some personal problems and is looking for a move. I am fairly sure that my source is reliable, and if it is, then a move to Charlton is very much on the cards.

Shame, as he will score for fun in the championship.

I hate to have to back this one up but I too heard that "troubles off the pitch" story a month ago and was waiting for something like this to surface. I was in the front row at Fulham and looked the guy right in the eyes at the end of the game and there was nothing there to convince me I would see him again in a City shirt (or even in some city shorts given that he always had his shirt off!). I''m truly gutted but do think this one will happen sadly.

Had heard that his wife and children had gone back to London having failed to settle in locally and he was living in a flat by himself.

If that is true, knowing what a passionate character he is, must be tearing him apart being away from the family, so I would not be suprised if he moved to a London club.

Wouldnt be very happy about it, but could see reasons why he may be tempted.

[quote]Had heard that his wife and children had gone back to London having failed to settle in locally and he was living in a flat by himself. If that is true, knowing what a passionate character he is, mus...[/quote]

I really don''t see that would be much of problem.  It''s not as if he is working 9-5 rigid hours.  Should be possible to commute, although if he wanted to leave for those reasons then I would not hold it against him.

I would expect that if Francis leaves he will stay.

[quote]I really don''t see that would be much of problem. It''s not as if he is working 9-5 rigid hours. Should be possible to commute, although if he wanted to leave for those reasons then I would not hold ...[/quote]

I''d be sad to see him go, but apart from his incredible work rate, he does miss A LOT of chances. If he went to Charlton, he''d be on the bench. He needs a season in the Championship to bang in the goals and learn from Deano how to control a ball/not run about like a headless chicken. He''ll be wasted at a mid-table Premier team.

£2 million would be good business for him. Possibly even £1 million + Konchesky. I''d be happy with that. Curbishly is looking to offload some of his team, so why not get some proven Premiership players with experience in exchange.

Worthy will play it right this summer. He''s holding the cards in many respects witht he talent that we do have. Keep it, and we have a superb Championship team. Lose it, and build a great team with the income generated.

i''d wait on that one because if curbs goes to celtic to replace
o''neil as is rumoured then we''ll wait and see what the
new manager does.

[quote]I really don''t see that would be much of problem. It''s not as if he is working 9-5 rigid hours. Should be possible to commute, although if he wanted to leave for those reasons then I would not hold ...[/quote]

You obviously don''t have kids then.

[quote]You obviously don''t have kids then.[/quote]

I have a little girl.  The point is though, if he really wanted to he could commute.  Though as I said I will fully support him if he wishes to move to London for the sake of his family.

[quote]I have a little girl. The point is though, if he really wanted to he could commute. Though as I said I will fully support him if he wishes to move to London for the sake of his family.[/quote]

Fair play buddy. 

Mixed views on whether he will go or not, hard one to call, but clearly he is a strong family man, so lets hope that he and his partner can sort things out between then.

There''s a lot of little Leons for him to miss out on too - surely he''s too young to have that many kids?!

If we more than double our money I''d be happy with that. He''s a top man, a real hard-ass but he doesn''t really have the natural positioning of a top class striker and it''s not something you can just learn. I''d love to see him at our place next season but if we can get around a mill and a half then it''s bye bye Leon.

BTW - Konchesky - an excellent call, would love to see him here but I feel he''s out of our league.