Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

PSV sign Adam Maher

Agree Jimmy, hopefully we''ve got in there early enough to make him ours

I usually stick to facts until the deal is done but I have a feeling about this one.

Seems that this one has passed. For whatever reason, he doesn''t want to come and it just feels like a miss.

Agreed there ''Nana, the lad has a lot of potential

Heh I''m huge fan of Maher and rate him really high so quite surprised that he chose PSV for his next destination with 5 year deal.

Made me think how much we would have had to pay to get him in as he would be perfect long term replacement for Hoolahan with very similar playing style, but promise of great quality.

Anyway Toivonen is player type that will most certainly fit in Premier League style and is so flexible that I think we wanted to go low risk option this time with CAM transfer. I''m quite sure this transfer will go trough.

[quote user="York Canary"]Maher would have been sick. How much was it for though?
[/quote]

£8m - he also said he didn''t want to leave Holland yet as he still has a lot to learn.

I wonder if Maher is being lined up more as a replacement for Strootman, who will most likely be leaving PSV this summer as well.

That''s fair enough then bud. I''m sure there was plenty of competition for him from abroad too if he chose to leave Holland. Quite big money too so doubt we''d have been in for him anyway. I''ll take Ola for about 4m and hope he proves his worth. Certainly has the potential to do well here. That''s if we get him obviously! lol. All a bit previous there