Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Nathan Redmond Looks like he's chosen us!

If people think we are after Capel then Redmond would be brought in to play down the right. No point shelling out a huge lump on an experienced player only to bench him.

His pace will be useful and as he can play a number of attacking positions then it may well work nicely.

It''s also worth noting that a couple of seasons ago PSV played a 4-3-3. They used two more defensive midfielders with Toivonen as the middle of the three as the creative box to box type.

It does play into my somewhat loose theory that Hughton is trying to make the squad more tactically flexible. You want to be able to play players regularly if they are on form, but you also need to be able to adapt formations against some teams.

It looks to me, based upon the players there are more ''solid'' rumours about, that he is trying to do just that.

Bennett just needs to show it more and in the cut throat world of premiership football, he may not get many more chances. The two left, two right thing is ideal on paper, but there are lads like Redmond that ''can do both'', ''like to cut in'' etc. I believe as long as there is one natural left footer (pilks I believe?) that operates mainly down the left, then you can get away with 3 right wingers as the other players provided at least one of them can back up on the left.

chicken wrote - "It does play into my somewhat loose theory that Hughton is trying to make the squad more tactically flexible. You want to be able to play players regularly if they are on form, but you also need to be able to adapt formations against some teams.

It looks to me, based upon the players there are more ''solid'' rumours about, that he is trying to do just that."

Been saying this for a while - this season CH will try to turn us into a proper PL team - more tactical, more versatile and better use of players.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]chicken wrote - "It does play into my somewhat loose theory that Hughton is trying to make the squad more tactically flexible. You want to be able to play players regularly if they are on form, but you also need to be able to adapt formations against some teams.

It looks to me, based upon the players there are more ''solid'' rumours about, that he is trying to do just that."

Been saying this for a while - this season CH will try to turn us into a proper PL team - more tactical, more versatile and better use of players.[/quote]Like he did at Newcastle where he had good depth and quality. I''m excited and hope we get the guys we''re after

It''s amazing to think that Hughton''s good work got undone so quickly at Newcastle. I swear Mike Ashley thinks it''s a game of football manager sometimes and likes the extra challenge of screwing the club up to rebuild again!

Redmond is having a medical today I believe, I''m friends with Neil Adam''s son who I saw Saturday and he said that Redmond is having a medical today and I did question it and he says that he was told by Neil Friday night. Weather he is speaking truth or not we will see.

Capel looks like he''ll be leaving, so there''s an outside chance, but i don''t think there''s anything in that one.

[quote user="Perky Throne"]Redmond is having a medical today I believe, I''m friends with Neil Adam''s son who I saw Saturday and he said that Redmond is having a medical today and I did question it and he says that he was told by Neil Friday night. Weather he is speaking truth or not we will see.[/quote]lol

I''m friends with Adrian Forbes sons friend of a friends grandad. He tells me that He thought he spotted Redmond at Colney, he realised it was however just a birds nest on some random guys head and not Redmond!!

Well!  My cat is friends with Hughtons cat and he confirmed that Redmond was having a medical this afternoon along with a Brazilian player the cat couldn''t pronounce! 

[quote user="Hog"]Well!  My cat is friends with Hughtons cat and he confirmed that Redmond was having a medical this afternoon along with a Brazilian player the cat couldn''t pronounce! [/quote]

FabiMIAAAAAAAAAAAOW?

[quote user="Hog"]Well!  My cat is friends with Hughtons cat and he confirmed that Redmond was having a medical this afternoon along with a Brazilian player the cat couldn''t pronounce! [/quote]

Love it!

Looks like they think we have signed him....

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/birmingham-city-winger-nathan-redomond-4800673

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/birmingham-city-winger-nathan-redmond-4800673

SORRY