Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Nathan Redmond Looks like he's chosen us!

No, i havent got a source or any inside info, but i noticed skybet opened the betting with us and everton 6/4 joint favourites a couple of hours ago, we then were 1/3 with Everton at 3/1 half an hour ago before betting suspended...

Pure speculation, but it sounds like some money has gone on from people in the know!

Has a lot more chance of playing regularly here than at Everton surely? Plus, his connection with Hoots will surely help persuasion.

Without City-tinted glasses, would you choose us or Everton, if you were Redmond and both offered you the same money?

I think I''d still choose Norwich, with RVW incoming and a a stability that may or may not be at Everton come the start of the season, Martinez could take Everton plummeting down the table.

Howard Nurse (Football Editor at the BBC) has said redmond has chosen to join us over Everton!

Howard Nurse ‏@howardnurse 21h

@Kempyboy1991 not yet but Redmond to choose Norwich over Everton

Money talks, so i guess that comes into it. I can''t kid myself that Everton arent the bigger team with better players, but I feel we are pushing onwards whereas Everton are in decline. Redmond may be a better fit at Norwich where his pace and directness are desperately needed.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Money talks, so i guess that comes into it. I can''t kid myself that Everton arent the bigger team with better players, but I feel we are pushing onwards whereas Everton are in decline. Redmond may be a better fit at Norwich where his pace and directness are desperately needed.[/quote]Why are Everton in decline?Not so sure why everyone are writing them off so early

Strong rumours this evening that Redmond, Toivonen and Hooper are due to sign. With Leroy Fer also linked we could be in for an exciting and pivotal week. OTBC!

I wouldn''t say Everton are in decline. However, if he has chosen to join us its all down to the amount of game time he''s going to get.

I think the theory is that Moyes was the glue keeping them at the level they have got to, much like Pulis at Stoke. The jury is certainly out on Martinez, Wigan didn''t exactly set the league alight under him. We''ll only know when the season gets going, I guess; neither is pulling trees up yet in getting people in, though of course there is plenty of time.

Quite so, Jimmy - not sure I agree with the theory, but Everton could be an interesting one if some key guys leave, such as Baines to Man U - we kept hold of all ours when PL left, indeed we added to them. Interesting if one or two guys apparently choose us ahead of efc, too, not that they have yet!

Matt Slater a BBC journo seems to think Redmond''s on his way to us, and he''s not one to lob out random rumours and hearsay...

https://twitter.com/mattslaterbbc/status/351461544720220160

Always said I''d like him, but if he chose someone else it was his loss - looks like he might be a winner after all :-).

And another Nursey fail.

This today (Sunday) from the Birmingham City correspondent for the Birmingham Mail:Suggestions that Redmond has told Blues he wants to join Everton are incorrect. On the face of it, Norwich would appear to be favourites at this stage due to the good relationship between the Canaries ex-Blues boss Chris Hughton and Redmond

Just to dampen expectations, Redmond hasn''t opened negotiations with anyone yet as he''s been on holiday. The most reliable information is coming from a Brum reporter called Collin Tattum, who simply says he''s back from holiday and due to speak to Swansea and Norwich (the two clubs that have had accepted offers).Probably won''t hear for a few days

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Money talks, so i guess that comes into it. I can''t kid myself that Everton arent the bigger team with better players, but I feel we are pushing onwards whereas Everton are in decline. Redmond may be a better fit at Norwich where his pace and directness are desperately needed.[/quote]Why are Everton in decline?Not so sure why everyone are writing them off so early[/quote]

Everton are a club that has been decline for 20 years. No longer in contention and watched clubs all around them generate more money than them (Norwich turnover £5m less than the so called big club). Unless they get a benefactor owner they will never be a force again and Moyes hit the glass ceiling with them. It''s all downhill from here over a number of years into the mid table/relegation candidates.

Am I the only one that''s a bit Meh about Redmond ?

Think we should be looking for a wide forward a la Moses rather than an out and out winger (would mean we wouldn''t need Hooper either !)

Have to admit I know very little of Redmond other than he is highly rated and quick I guess.

Will welcome him if he comes but really don''t care if he does.

I''m not saying he''s gonna win us the title and he may well turn out to be a flop like Simon Whaley but he''s young, english, pacy, skillful and seems set to join, what''s not to like?

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I''m not saying he''s gonna win us the title and he may well turn out to be a flop like Simon Whaley but he''s young, english, pacy, skillful and seems set to join, what''s not to like?[/quote]

Yes - and he might leave Snodgrass fighting a place in the team. 

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I''m not saying he''s gonna win us the title and he may well turn out to be a flop like Simon Whaley but he''s young, english, pacy, skillful and seems set to join, what''s not to like?[/quote]

Yes - and he might leave Snodgrass fighting for a place in the team. 

No, he''s a left winger, the right winger we bring in will be competing with Snoddy. But then again these players are alternatives to suit different tactics, I very much doubt there will be a first XI as such.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]No, he''s a left winger, the right winger we bring in will be competing with Snoddy. But then again these players are alternatives to suit different tactics, I very much doubt there will be a first XI as such.[/quote]

I understood he could play right or left.  

I''ve just checked on Wiki, which says:

"He typically plays as a wide midfielder. He is right-footed, but has regularly played on both right and left wings, often cutting inside. He has also occasionally played in the centre behind a lone striker."

Primarily LW but has been played RW (and RB!) for his Club and AM and SS for England. Quite versatile then probably due to him being ambipedal like Pilks and Howson, although all three seem better suited (prefer?) to playing on the left.

quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]I''ve just checked on Wiki, which says: "He typically plays as a wide midfielder. He is right-footed, but has regularly played on both right and left wings, often cutting inside. He has also occasionally played in the centre behind a lone striker."[/quote

Haven''t we had a similar player before? That Huckerby bloke. No pressure then

Realistically, at our mid table level, I think we need at least 4 wide men; at least two with pace, at least two with work rate, at least one with a good delivery, at least one with skills and at least one with goals. Each player must have at least two of these.

Bennett: Pace but debatable with the rest

Snodgrass: Work Rate, Set Pieces, Delivery, Tricks

Pilkington: Goals, Tricks

that leaves Redmond to fill in the missing bits, pace, skills and work rate.

Ideal signing in my book.

[quote user="Phil Schmil"]Strong rumours this evening that Redmond, Toivonen and Hooper are due to sign. With Leroy Fer also linked we could be in for an exciting and pivotal week. OTBC![/quote]I would go into happiness meltdown if the majority of that scenario played out..trying not to even think about it. Can''t let myself get excited lol

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Realistically, at our mid table level, I think we need at least 4 wide men; at least two with pace, at least two with work rate, at least one with a good delivery, at least one with skills and at least one with goals. Each player must have at least two of these.

Bennett: Pace but debatable with the rest

Snodgrass: Work Rate, Set Pieces, Delivery, Tricks

Pilkington: Goals, Tricks

that leaves Redmond to fill in the missing bits, pace, skills and work rate.

Ideal signing in my book.[/quote]Pace with good delivery and tracks back very well. Problem is the confidence of taking people on. If he had that he''d be a beast. There''s still time to get that confidence. He was all about assists at Brighton and looked good for us when he played last season. Just can''t help but feel he''s stuck between RB and RW. Maybe with a more attacking style and better forward players this coming season he''ll get chance to blossom? You''re right about 4 wide players - 2 left 2 right for sure is needed!