Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Brasil v Spain anyone?

[quote user="kick it off"]I''ve been derided all week for saying Brazil will take this one. I stand by my prediction.[/quote]I hope they do, I''ve had enough of everyone creaming their pants at how good Spain are.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"][quote user="morty"]Seems to have stirred and motivated them though![/quote]Ha ha, didn''t take long Morty![/quote]You''re right though, that anthem was a shambles!

[quote user="Canaries Utd"][quote user="kick it off"]I''ve been derided all week for saying Brazil will take this one. I stand by my prediction.[/quote]I hope they do, I''ve had enough of everyone creaming their pants at how good Spain are.[/quote]Agree, would be nice to see them take a beating.

we saw then end of an Era last night..

Spain''s bubble burst and they wont win the world cup.

they have been carved open by a Nigeria who failed to put the ball in the net, struggled to penalties against Italy, and been torn apart by Brazil. Spain are weak in the full back positions, press them and a lack of phyiscal presence see''s them lose the ball and lose games.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

they have been carved open by a Nigeria who failed to put the ball in the net, struggled to penalties against Italy, and been torn apart by Brazil. Spain are weak in the full back positions, press them and a lack of phyiscal presence see''s them lose the ball and lose games.

[/quote]

Spain lost 2-0 to the USA in the 2009 Confeds Cup - I wouldn''t read too much into the result last night.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Spain lost 2-0 to the USA in the 2009 Confeds Cup - I wouldn''t read too much into the result last night.

[/quote]

thats true but they looked good all thorugh, if nigeria had a finisher or Italy had been more clinical Spain would have been joining Tahiti at the airport.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

thats true but they looked good all thorugh, if nigeria had a finisher or Italy had been more clinical Spain would have been joining Tahiti at the airport.

[/quote]

If Nigeria had scored against Spain, Spain would have scored another 2 past them. The Italy game was almost identical to the one in the group stage of the Euros last year.

When Switzerland beat Spain in 2010 everyone said ''Ah ha! If you sit deep and hit Spain on the counter you can beat them!'' and everyone tried it. Spain just adapted their style to deal with that - now everyone is saying ''look at what Bayern and Dortmund did! Press high and you can beat them!''. Spain still have 3 or 4 of the best midfielders in the world, they will find a way to adapt again.

Having said that will be tough for an European side to win in Brazil - the heat and humidity is tough and the pitches are a bit naff also. I''m considering a bet on Argentina who are looking great in the South American qualifying and Brazil''s last win should attract all the bids and shorten the odds.