Sign in to follow this  
Splendid Rush

McVeigh on TalkSPORT

His droning voice makes me want to remove my own ears with a claw hammer.For that reason, I''m out.

Tempted to give his book a look, but from his comments and others on twitter I think it will be a pretentious load of drivel. Not a fan of Mcveigh to be honest...

[quote user="Stig"]Tempted to give his book a look, but from his comments and others on twitter I think it will be a pretentious load of drivel. Not a fan of Mcveigh to be honest...[/quote]

It all depends on your view of sports psychology.  The very best athletes/sportsmen from other sports  have embraced all the things out there to help their game.  Yoga and meditation are ways of getting rid of the unnecessary energy sapping stress that is associated with high pressure sport, allowing the sportsmen to focus more of their mental energy into what they are doing.   Tennis (Djokovich) players are using meditation as part of their preparation.  Murray uses yoga.  Giggs is known for it and although I don''t know how much yoga is still seen as sissy or too alternative for footballers, it is something that is going to become more important to all sportsmen. 

Musicians have been using these as part of their mental preparation for years, to get optimum performance and focus on what is important.  Paul  McVeigh is at least is moving with the times and trying to get footballers to take on some of these ideas - they are tried and tested and work - and not just in sport.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Stig"]Tempted to give his book a look, but from his comments and others on twitter I think it will be a pretentious load of drivel. Not a fan of Mcveigh to be honest...[/quote]

It all depends on your view of sports psychology.  The very best athletes/sportsmen from other sports  have embraced all the things out there to help their game.  Yoga and meditation are ways of getting rid of the unnecessary energy sapping stress that is associated with high pressure sport, allowing the sportsmen to focus more of their mental energy into what they are doing.   Tennis (Djokovich) players are using meditation as part of their preparation.  Murray uses yoga.  Giggs is known for it and although I don''t know how much yoga is still seen as sissy or too alternative for footballers, it is something that is going to become more important to all sportsmen. 

Musicians have been using these as part of their mental preparation for years, to get optimum performance and focus on what is important.  Paul  McVeigh is at least is moving with the times and trying to get footballers to take on some of these ideas - they are tried and tested and work - and not just in sport.

[/quote]

Cartman: It''s all a bunch of tree-hugging hippie crap.

[:D]

He was on there all afternoon with that georgy bingham.

His voice does my head in, coupled with her droaning on about things she cearly doesnt understand was torture.

Dont know why i listened tbh.

The book has had good reviews from journalists, would bore me though. Can''t see the problem with him writing a book if there is a market out there for it. If you don''t like the subject then buy another book. The Neil Warnock autobiography is said to be a very good read, if people need something to do to fill the football void.