Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

Leroy Fer

id hold your horses on getting to excited, taken from fc twente''s fan site

Update : According to TC Tubantia Norwich City is not the only gedadigde for Fer. To strengthen themselves with the midfielder of FC Twente. Too Everton and Newcastle United There is only expected after the holiday clarity of Fer. The international returns on July 8 back at FC Twente.

Flight departed about 20 minutes ago, on-time too. Anyone want to hop on a bus down to the airport and stand on watch for us?

http://www.tubantia.nl/sport/fc-twente/fer-in-belangstelling-meerdere-engelse-clubs-1.3889470?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Basically says that us, Toon and Everton are interested but that we are the most serious. Also says that nothing will happen until July 8th.

Just wait until he sees the magnificent facilities at Colney, he''ll have signed this time tomorrow.Or maybe that only worked when we were Championship & League One.

This holiday lark is a bit disruptive isn''t it! Is Toivonen home yet?!

8th July is a worryingly long wait (more time to get hijacked!) for Fer, let''s hope we can get him wrapped up before then.

Lets be aving you wrote:

FLIGHT SCHEDULE

Direct Flights:

Daily 21:15 Amsterdam (AMS) 21:05 Norwich (NWI)

KL 1515 Non-stop Fokker 70 (F70) 0:50 Valid until 2013-10-26

It''s a non-stop Fokker.

He''s flying on the back of Glenn Roeder?

Sorry I must have missed your tenure as ace Stuka pilot.

Let''s be ''aving you! wrote..........

FLIGHT SCHEDULE

Direct Flights:

Daily 21:15 Amsterdam (AMS) 21:05 Norwich (NWI)

KL 1515 Non-stop Fokker 70 (F70) 0:50 Valid until 2013-10-26

It''s a non-stop Fokker.

I can''t stop laughing about this.

Leroy Fer

DOB: 5/1/90

6'' 2" tall

Netherlands International

League stats

2007 -08    7 + 6 apps          1 goal

2008-09    30+2 apps           6 goals

2009-10        31                   2 goals

2010-11    16 + 7 apps        3 goals

2011-12    26 + 4 apps        10 goals

2012 -13   25 + 1 apps         5 goals

It begins

@GavinMorris7: A friend of mine works at Amsterdam airport Leroy Fer seen waiting for flight KL1515 arrives in Norwich at 21.05 #NCFC #OTBC

Someone post a look out at Asda!

birchfest wrote - "Hope this one comes to be, we need competition for that Johnson/Tetty role."

If Fer signs then he will play alongside Howson. Tettey and Johnson will be fighting for a place on the Bench.

exactly the box-to-box midfielder we need to replace johnson in the starting 11.

having somebody as competent as Fer would mean no more double DM, so essentially an extra person attacking.

the double DM screwed our attack last season (as did our deep full backs), screwed howson over and we will continue to be as toothless up front, even with RVW, if we continue to make up for johnson''s inadequacies with howson or other lying deep.

fer, or any box-to-box midfielder, is the answer.

Paddy Davitt

‏@paddyjdavitt

leroy fer agent, rob jansen, has told skysports reports of a #ncfc medical r ''premature''. guy is on hol. But will go 2 the PL #edp24 #pinkun

"Exactly the box-to-box midfielder we need to replace johnson in the starting 11. having somebody as competent as Fer would mean no more double DM, so essentially an extra person attacking. the double DM screwed our attack last season (as did our deep full backs), screwed howson over and we will continue to be as toothless up front, even with RVW, if we continue to make up for johnson''s inadequacies with howson or other lying deep. fer, or any box-to-box midfielder, is the answer."

I''m not sure that I m entirely comfortable with such singling out of individuals from our team as you have done with Johnson here.

We all know Bradley''s limitations, but we also know his strengths and are aware of the massive displays he put in last season, especially away from home, which contributed enormously to our eventual survival.

Of course we aim to replace with better, but I fail to see that as ample reason to deflame  one of the stalwarts of our two recent and successful seasons. He cost the Club nothing to sign and has been an invaluable player who has never shirked from the cause. I would venture to suggest that you might come to realise his true value when he is replaced.

Bradley Johnson owes our Club nothing and long may he remain here, Leroy Fer or not.

We are now fortunate enough to sign the RVW''s of the football world and to consider the reality of signings such as Fer and Toivenen, let''s not so readily discard those players whose contributions have led to this good fortune. 

To add to what Broadstairs has said - why not play Johnson and Fer in the same side?

4-2-3-1?

Fer and Johnson sitting and getting hold of the ball.

Three of Snodgrass, Toivonen and Pilkington and RVW up front.

For away games especially I can see that being a really good line up. Nice and solid with plenty of attacking options.

To play Fer as a holding midfielder would be a waste of his talents, he is best employed with a licence to get forward and attack - very similar to Yaya Toure in that way.

I think playing alongside Tettey could be a good way to use him, allowing them to alternate between staying back and going forward - giving Norwich the chance to overload when atttacking but still having a solid base to stop a counter attack. The idea of having one midfielder who is defensive and one who is attacking is becoming outdated in the top leagues, you need players comfortable in doing both roles and meaning attacks are less predictable.

Bethnal, just as long as they don''t both go forward (or back) at the same time - the communication needs to be good

Well that says it doesn''t it?

People saying it means Tettey and Johnson will be fighting for a spot on the bench whilst it looks more like Howson will be the one on the bench.