Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

Leroy Fer

BBC Journo:

@richaskam: Hear Norwich are closing in on #FCTwente ''s Leroy Fer who could sign as early as next week unless other clubs make a move #efc #ncfc

Exciting if true, very good prospect

Would be an amazing signing, just the midfield player Norwich have been crying out for.

And before anyone says it, he didn''t fail a medical at Everton - they pulled out of the deal due to Fellaini not being sold as they expected.

If true, a great signing! Highly rated and well-thought of.

Had considered earlier in the summer, but thought it unlikely. Came close to signing for Everton in January. It was a done deal, but they opted out for financial reasons. I heard that he was open to going there this summer and that Everton had the money to get this time.

I reckon he''ll cost us around £6-8 Million. Just a prediction.

Last two seasons he''s got in to double figures for goals, which isn''t a bad return from midfield. IF the rumour is true, would be a good signing.

Seems like he is holding out for a ''bigger team'' to also bid, hardly the type of player we would want, no matter how good he is...

If true, it is a decent signing.

One of those guys who most likely wont struggle to adapt Premier league as he is quite strong figure.

Would have liked us to sign someone with better playmaking ability as that is truly what we lack on our deeper positions.

Fer is quite much something between Johnson and Tettey and his weakest point in my opinion is how and when to release the ball.

Good prospect anyway and he can develope to anything if mental side is alright so happy to have him, if the rumour is true.

[quote user="SYG"]Seems like he is holding out for a ''bigger team'' to also bid, hardly the type of player we would want, no matter how good he is...[/quote]He would have been a great signing if you''d started the thread........

SYG, will you ever learn??

Let me guess you got this "holding out for a bigger club" off an ITK twitter account? Yes, you did because I''ve just read the same myself.

Seriously, stop.

I got it from the reporter who broke the story, the same story that started this thread.

So what have I done?

Hello all!

I have been reading these forums for years and finally decided to join up. I just saw the following link posted on twitter by an FC Twente fan account on Twitter - my Dutch isn''t great, but with the bits filled in by google translate, the writer seems to think he''s definitely coming here.

It does cite the BBC reporter, so maybe it means nothing other than this guy has also read the same tweet haha. Anyway, thought it might be an interesting first post!

http://www.twentefans.nl/nieuws/10214/-norwich-wil-transfer-fer-spoedig-afronden-.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

according to the FC Twente main fan site the deals done and the contract signed so it could be a Welcome To Carrow Road

http://http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... bs%3Dqdr:d

I can''t really see this coming off considering Everton''s continued interest and him supposedly being at that club recently.

If Everton decide against you have to ask why, as otherwise why would he come to us instead?

Also I baulk at £10m as being a bit steep for where we are at present .... sorry folks, but big wages go along with big fees and I would prefer a more considered approach, such as £4.5m for Toivenen, at this moment in time.

Massive signing if it comes off and excitement is justified, but is the outlay?

McNally is nothing if not shrewd. If his wage demands are more than we can afford, or are prepared to pay, then we won''t sign him.

We won''t break the bank.

I may be wrong but I had always thought of Fer as a CM box to box midfielder (a better, more technical and goal scoring version of Tettey), meaning we could still go for Toivonen in a more advanced role?

Although Fer''s goal scoring record suggests maybe he is a CAM, can anyone who knows more about him clear this up please!

**Dreaming of van Wolfswinkel, Fer & Toivonen**

Yes he is box to box / defensive middlefielder. Plays normaly quite deep, but likes to run forward as almost every player in dutch league ^^

For a comparison Tettey played quite same role in his norwegian days than Fer has played in Twente.

Certainly looks to play the game at 100mph. Could add some much needed drive to the midfield. I do hope he signs fer us, think he could be quality. Might have a battle on our hands.As for the guy who said we don''t want him if he''s considering waiting for a bit to see if a bigger club comes in....deary me. If we only want to sign players who would jump at the chance of playing for the mighty norwich before giving it a second thought, then we can say hello to league 1 again. If we want to attract a higher quality of player, they will quite rightly think there might be other, bigger clubs, coming in.I''m not saying he won''t come, I''m just saying big players with ambition who are going to take this club up the table....they aren''t going to think Norwich is the peak of their playing career and not consider their options.I''m sure Lee Trundle would sign for us very quickly. Maybe we should go for him?

Gavin Morris ‏@GavinMorris7 15m

A friend of mine works at Amsterdam airport Leroy Fer seen waiting for flight KL1515 arrives in Norwich at 21.05 #NCFC #OTBC

Fer would be a really shrewd signing!

A big, tall midfield unit that can play in an attacking midfield role too. One of the more promising dutch prospects in recent years, and at 23 has a lot of good years ahead of him.

I think he''d be worth the money, I really do.

[quote user="ricardo"]Gavin Morris ‏@GavinMorris7 15m

A friend of mine works at Amsterdam airport Leroy Fer seen waiting for flight KL1515 arrives in Norwich at 21.05 #NCFC #OTBC[/quote]Ricardo posting Twitter rumours!![:O] Now I''ve seen everything..

I''m a bit sad and looked it up, too! Takes off 21:15, arrives Norwich 21:05: a dead easy trip which you''d think is a bonus for Dutch players.