Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Redmond v Ince

[quote user="ricardo"]Redmond may well turn out to be a good prospect but at the moment too many on this Forum are bumming him up to be something he patently is not or certainly "not yet".What we need is somebody to give competion to Pilkington "now", not a raw kid who might get thrown into the Premier League while still out of his depth.We can afford to pay for it now so lets get some proven quality and forget about chucking a couple of million away on what would only be a speculative gamble.[/quote]
I have to disagree with you here Ricardo. Not every signing this summer is going to be someone who will come straight into the first team. if we are planning 5-6 signings this summer then we have to assume a couple of them will be players for the future. Redmond is available now, if we don''t make a move now someone else will and buying a hot english prospect for £3M seems like very good business to me.
Now i don''t expect Redmond to be the only winger we sign this summer, he''s U21 so wont count towards the squad size. I think we can expect another winger to come in, someone with the quality to break into the starting 11 by the start of the season, i expect in Redmond''s first year he will be used mainly as an impact sub to bring some pace into the game

I would say that we would not have a first team as such (an XI that pick themselves) but rather a first "Squad" who will be picked from according to the opposition''s strengths and weaknesses and the tactics that CH thinks will get the result. Every player we buy will be in involved in this Squad, CH has said so himself with his talk of bringing in "improvements". We won''t be spending money to try to win the Norfolk Senior Cup.

Ince is a good player & ahead of Redmond at the moment but I believe Redmond has the more potential & is by far the better value signing.

At the same stage of his career 2 years ago, Ince had played 6 times in League 1 on loan at Notts County.

Redmond 62 games at Championship level, he kicked on towards the end of last season & played for the England U21s.

How can it be anything but a very good signing?

He adds pace to our team, he''s a skill-full player who can run at the opponents defense. Imagine having Olssen and Redmond down the left hand side we''d have incredible pace which will give us the ability to counter attack.