Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Michael Foulger.

Indeed Hog, I thought them deeply inappropriate, in bad taste, and potentially damaging.

Of course, they are only libelous if untrue and that remains to be seen/heard.

Tils is obviously putting a lot of faith in his source and that makes me lean towards believing what is written, but it takes a brave man to put yourself in the firing line over something which could just as likely prove incorrect as correct.

Each to their own, but I considered it to be in bad taste. If Foulger and McNally have not fallen out, then this is a vicious rumour to start, and we could hear it for months. Rumours like this tend to stick around for the long term (e.g. Morison + Tierney.... Francis + McKenzie..... Ashton & Shackell). Those examples are precisely why I don''t like seeing things like this made public, whether true or not.

[quote user="TheNewBoy"]Indeed Hog, I thought them deeply inappropriate, in bad taste, and potentially damaging.

Tils is obviously putting a lot of faith in his source and that makes me lean towards believing what is written, but it takes a brave man to put yourself in the firing line over something which could just as likely prove incorrect as correct.

Each to their own, but I considered it to be in bad taste. If Foulger and McNally have not fallen out, then this is a vicious rumour to start, and we could hear it for months. Rumours like this tend to stick around for the long term (e.g. Morison + Tierney.... Francis + McKenzie..... Ashton & Shackell). Those examples are precisely why I don''t like seeing things like this made public, whether true or not.[/quote]

Your tone has softened somewhat since for first post, NewBoy. From that can we assume that you have indeed talked with Foulger Junior and have some info yourself?

[quote user="TheNewBoy"]Indeed Hog, I thought them deeply inappropriate, in bad taste, and potentially damaging.

Each to their own, but I considered it to be in bad taste. If Foulger and McNally have not fallen out, then this is a vicious rumour to start, and we could hear it for months. Rumours like this tend to stick around for the long term (e.g. Morison + Tierney.... Francis + McKenzie..... Ashton & Shackell). Those examples are precisely why I don''t like seeing things like this made public, whether true or not.[/quote]

Nerd alert.[8-|] A general comment not related to anything that may or may not have happened. Truth is not always a defence in defamation. But when it  is a defence - and this is often relevant to stuff posted on the internet - you have to prove what you have said is true. And knowing is not always proving.

Now then NewBoy if you bother to check you will find that I am not one to regularly litter this messageboard  with rumours.You seem to have lost sight that in my opening post I said that what I was told may turn out to be bullcrap but my source believe me knows what is going on and has told me a few things in the past that have turned out to be true. The conversation i had with them concerning what i described as a change of roles within the boardroom i felt had some legs. If it does happen and note i say if it surely is of interest to the fans of Norwich City. What i have posted is nothing to do with the individuals concerned as i have the upmost respect for what McNally has achieved since his arrival albeit that his methods have not met with universal approval but the end results speak for themselves. With regard to Michael Foulger he is a lovely chap and both my wife and i are on first name terms with him. What he has contributed in the way of support and finance for our club has only been exceeded by Delia and MWJ and even in the darkest days of 2005 through to 2009 unlike some within Carrow Road he was always prepared to listen  and take on board what fans said whenever he met them.

I see nothing wrong with what i posted but you obviously do but that is what differing opinions amount to so all that can be done is sit back and see IF there are changes going to be made. Bullcrap may well be in the air and my source could have just for once got it wrong or maybe yet again is right.

"Your tone has softened somewhat since for first post, NewBoy. From that can we assume that you have indeed talked with Foulger Junior and have some info yourself?"

I softened my tone because I didn''t want to create an argument, seen a few of those on here and wish not to involve myself in any.

Tils, fair enough. It is true that I don''t enjoy gossip or hearsay, and made that clear enough, but at the same time I believe you when you say that you have a trusted source and so I''m certainly not accusing you of lying or intentional stirring. I''m just going to cross my fingers and hope that it is positive news for the club. Losing either one of McNally or Foulger would not be good news.

Forum politics not my thing, we all just want what is best for the club at the end of the day - I think. Cheers.

Nothing new heard but I can confirm I heard a similar rumour couple of months ago. May be nothing but smoke without fire?

Ps. My mindless gossip suggested foulger stepping up.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="TheNewBoy"]How do you get quoting to work on this forum? I use chrome, is this a chrome problem or do I need a plugin or something?[/quote]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/2874040/ShowPost.aspx[/quote]
Ah just fixed mine.  They must have updated it.  All you do now is add the chrome'' switch user agent'' add on. And select firefox 15 from the icon in your tool bar.