Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Michael Foulger.

I understand that changes in the boardroom are being made involving Michael Foulger in his capacity as vice chairman and director. I know this sounds vague and what exactly is changing i do not know but my source insists the club will be making it official very soon. This may turn out to be bullcrap but it comes from someone who knows the Foulger family pretty well.

That does indeed sound rather vague! Hope it doesn''t involve loss of ''office'' unless it is wanted (perhaps for personal reasons) as his backing for the club has been really important.

The best place to find out anything about Mr Foulger is Yarmouth race course, the man practically lives there. ;-)

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I understand that changes in the boardroom are being made involving Michael Foulger in his capacity as vice chairman and director. I know this sounds vague and what exactly is changing i do not know but my source insists the club will be making it official very soon. This may turn out to be bullcrap but it comes from someone who knows the Foulger family pretty well.[/quote]

Interesting. We shall see what happens. There isn''t an obvious candidate to take over as vice-chairman if Foulger were to step down from that position. Stefan Phillips possibly, but I suspect I am not alone in knowing vey little about him. Not McNally, of course. If Foulger were to leave the board then the question would be whether he was replaced. And if so by whom. Extreme speculation might even link this to the elephant in the (board-) room of future ownership.

I think he wants to step down and move into the health and fitness side of the club.

Those of you who have not met Mr Foulger should be assured that he has the club at his heart.

I have not spoken with him about the changes mentioned here, however, I''m sure he would do nothing to the detriment of the club.

Some posters seem to be jumping to the conclusion that he is stepping down as vice chairman or a director and that is not what i have said. I said that my source indicated there are changes concerning his role which are to be announced.

Now our move from being debt loaded to dosh loaded is almost complete my guess would be that Alan Bowkett''s tenure as Chairman is drawing to a close.

Tim

[quote user="Tim Allman"]Now our move from being debt loaded to dosh loaded is almost complete my guess would be that Alan Bowkett''s tenure as Chairman is drawing to a close.

Tim[/quote]Possibly, but I don''t see the logic. That we are debt-free doesn''t mean we don''t need someone with some clout in the City for future financing. Even if not, Bowkett has experience of running quite large companies. Not FTSE 100 size, but the level below. He was certainly a step up from Munby in terms of that kind of heavy-hitting background.

Rather than share mindless gossip why not ask the mans son: https://twitter.com/MichaelFoulger

If you believe the rumour enough to publish it to an audience full of strangers then you should have the guts to ask him outright.

11:17 PM "I understand that changes in the boardroom are being made involving Michael Foulger in his capacity as vice chairman and director"

10:30 AM "Some posters seem to be jumping to the conclusion that he is stepping down as vice chairman or a director and that is not what i have said"

However did people manage to come to that conclusion? Out of interest, what other conclusions could people have reached?

[quote user="TheNewBoy"]11:17 PM "I understand that changes in the boardroom are being made involving Michael Foulger in his capacity as vice chairman and director"

10:30 AM "Some posters seem to be jumping to the conclusion that he is stepping down as vice chairman or a director and that is not what i have said"

However did people manage to come to that conclusion? Out of interest, what other conclusions could people have reached?[/quote]

New Boy, Old Gripes? Don''t you like

Well yes of course how silly of me i completely forgot that if you communicate something on Twitter with someone you do not know and who does not know you with regard to a matter that is yet to be made public you are bound to get a frank answer.

[quote user="TheNewBoy"] Out of interest, what other conclusions could people have reached?[/quote]

Bowkett resigns and Foulger becomes chairman.

Delia sells up to  Foulger  making him the new majority shareholder.

Will that do for starters or would you like a few more scenarios?

I just can''t see what you would get out of sharing a rumour about two club directors which are not sure to be true, when - if true - we shall get to hear it from the club in due course. Until it is confirmed it is just mindless gossip. If you really do have somebody ''in the know'' so to speak, then somewhere along the chain is somebody has shared something with somebody else in confidence. I just think that somebody who has ploughed in £3m of his own cash in recent seasons deserves a bit more respect than to become the subject of internet gossip about something which he clearly currently wishes to be the private business of the club.

Because its something Norwich City related to talk about? And we don''t really have much else to talk about?

"Bowkett resigns and Foulger becomes chairman.

Delia sells up to Foulger making him the new majority shareholder. Will that do for starters or would you like a few more scenarios?"

Well those are all nice positive scenarios, but they wouldn''t explain why you felt the need to share the rumour that Foulger and McNally do not get on, and how that relates to Foulger''s position changing.

I will ask his son for you.

[quote user="TheNewBoy"]"Bowkett resigns and Foulger becomes chairman.

Delia sells up to Foulger making him the new majority shareholder. Will that do for starters or would you like a few more scenarios?"

Well those are all nice positive scenarios, but they wouldn''t explain why you felt the need to share the rumour that Foulger and McNally do not get on, and how that relates to Foulger''s position changing.

I will ask his son for you.[/quote]

Test

How do you get quoting to work on this forum? I use chrome, is this a chrome problem or do I need a plugin or something?

[quote user="TheNewBoy"]How do you get quoting to work on this forum? I use chrome, is this a chrome problem or do I need a plugin or something?[/quote]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/2874040/ShowPost.aspx

If you add together ''Foulgers position to change'' and ''Foulger and Mcnally hate eachother'', then you really only get a realistic scenario of one of them considering their position untenable.

I can''t see how Foulger and McNally falling out would result in Foulger becoming owner or chairman. It would instead only result in one of either Foulger stepping down or McNally getting the chop.

Foulger doesn''t seem the type to say boo to a goose though and McNally has always said good things about all three of the major shareholders, so I just can''t see it myself.

I for one would be gutted to see either of them leave, both have played their parts in getting us where we are.

I would have thought that some of the "rumours" posted on here verged almost on libellous....