Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Redond V Ince

Just asking the question as if we buy Redmond for 2 million with 1.2 to follow and Cardiff get Ince for 8 million, who is the better player? Who is better value for money?

For me Ince & Redmond are on par, I don''t see how Ince is worth 5 million more as both are under 21 international players and both only ever really played at Championship level.

Ince has scored something like 24 in 77 for Balckpool and 7 in 62, but Redmond is only 19 and played out wide most of the time.

I for one would reather buy Redmond than Ince especially as both are risks at this level.

Ince has always been the hotter property of the two tbh, although I''m not grumbling.

Cardiff''s is the bigger risk, by a mile. That''s a lot of money old Malky is splashing out there. 

However, I think that young Tom will be the first of the two to wear the full England shirt in all likelihood.

Ince is further ahead in his development than Redmond as he is two years older, but don''t think there is much in it. Both could go onto play full internationals. Which one will develop into the better player it is hard to say, but with Hughton at the helm, the coach who gave Nathan his break, and will undoubtedly know his strengths and weaknesses already i think we have by far the better value.

The difference in fees we can use right now - Toivonen, Fer, or whoever. In terms of performance by the two wingers, it''s difficult to say, but CH clearly knows how to get the best out of Redmond.

I never understood Cardiff wanting Inve. Surely they''d be better off signing 3-4 experienced Prem players to give their squad more quality. Awfully big risk on a young prospect

Personally I''d choose Redmond over Ince as he''s cheaper. £8 million is a lot of money for one player for a team coming up into the Premier League so they will rely on Ince to contribute a lot more. If it works, good for them but if it doesn''t they have spent a lot of money on someone who isn''t up to it yet. For £3.2 million we still have the extra £5 million to spend on other players.

We didn''t need the ''experienced premiership players'' we went in with the likes of Morison, Pilkington and Bennett.

Redmond has the potential to be a great player and a full England International, but he isn''t as good as Ince.

Ince has the potential to be world class and it''s a huge coup for Cardiff if it comes off.

Ince is also left footed, he will probably end up a left winger.

In fact, I''d absolutely love it if we could just hijack Cardiff''s bid and get him for our left wing at £8m.

Cardiff have got Bellamy on the opposite wing, so that is formidable. As someone else mentioned Ince isn''t a done deal yet though so we shall see. As for Bellars, I think he''s proven at this level but is becoming injury prone.

[quote user="Wiz"]Redmond for me.[Y][/quote]

Blimey, the pigs are souring out of Norwich international.....ME AND WIZ AGREE ON SOMETHING haha

Different style of players, personally I think that Redmond is more exciting for the future!

Redmond for me. To me, of what I''ve seen, there''s not so much between them that I could justify that extra expenditure. The £5m difference is another player, or at least a good 75% cost of one. Whatever the case, we''ve got a better deal here and there''s clearly less risk, and on the plus side, Hoots knows Redmond well already.

Since Redmond was Englands best player in the Euro u21s championship, I''d say Redmond is the better player.

He''s cheaper, he''s had experience in European football under Hughton and played well. He''s also two years younger, I''m sure as he matures he will blossom into a great player and play in an England jersey in time.

If both players we''re valued the same amount of money, I still think I''d prefer Redmond. He''s a great prospect and will add great competition to the Norwich squad. Exciting times for Norwich, if we get Fer, Toivonen and Hoops, I can''t see us having much weakness apart from a back up GK and LB.

I think our starting XI will be very solid and I can''t wait to see it!

Redmond is by far the better value signing.

As of now Ince is the better player, but then he is two years more developed than Redmond. I''d say Redmond has more potential than Ince personally, as I think Ince has sort of hit his ceiling (I think it says a lot that none of the bigger clubs will stump up 6-8m for him)

Redmond easily for me.

He has always been in Ince''s shadow but i think that''s mainly down to injury and/or Blackpool''s demise.

He has a lot of good attributes and at 2 million for any young player who is u21 regular that is a snip!

Very Happy!

I think you also have to consider the expected role and playing time each club wants from both players, and it seems clear to me that Cardiff are bringing Ince in as a key first team player who will normally be picked every week unless injured, whereas we are bringing Redmond in to compete with players like Pilks/Snoddy/Benno.Therefore it makes far more sense to pay 2mil for Redmond and see how he develops in that situation, than it would have to pay 4x the amount for Ince who would have just been used in the exact same way.Ince may well be the slightly better player overall, but he''s also slightly older and I certainly don''t see him being even twice as good as Redmond, never mind four times better (if we use the transfer fee as a guideline for ability)!Assuming this goes through I think it''s a VERY shrewd signing by the club, particularly as it improves the wing area that we needed to whilst leaving a large chunk of transfer funds left for the central midfield/attack options we truly need [y]

Ince is a better player. Redmond is the better deal. I don''t think either of them are going to be world beaters but they could both be effective players.

Swansea have apparently turned their attention to Ince, Sky Sports just reported that they''ve also had an £8m bid accepted and are in talks with Ince.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Swansea have apparently turned their attention to Ince, Sky Sports just reported that they''ve also had an £8m bid accepted and are in talks with Ince.[/quote]That tells me that this really IS a done deal - nice [:D]

Another factor to consider is sell on value - if Redmond fulfills his potential here then a fee of just £3.2m gives us big scoop for profit. Ince, on the other hand, unless he performs outstandingly I can''t see many clubs paying more than the fee Cardiff/Swans are paying for him....

Or it means they preferred the price tag.

No point in arguing over who the better player is, or what the better deal is, because only time will tell and even if Tom Ince turns out to be the next Gareth Bale there remains the chance that Redmond will still end up a fantastic player.

I think that they are both tremendous prospects, and that just makes me excited about the future of the England national team. Can see both of these winning caps.