Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Ink

Would anyone take Peter Crouch back?

I would, only so I could sniff around his gorgeous WAG!

He''s non-committal about his future at Stoke, which reading between the lines say he''s available for a move. I don''t know exactly how he''d fit into our team, but certainly a good dilema to have.

If he came on a free, or nearly free, yes. Otherwise I can''t see what he can offer. He scored some goals last season, admittedly, but has dropped out of England selection despite the national team short on strikers.

If our  transfers provide another good striker with RvW, then he would not get much of a look in. Would he want this?

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]

I would, only so I could sniff around his gorgeous WAG!

He''s non-committal about his future at Stoke, which reading between the lines say he''s available for a move. I don''t know exactly how he''d fit into our team, but certainly a good dilema to have.

[/quote]

Certainly wouldn''t want him for his football.  

"I would, only so I could sniff around his gorgeous WAG"

What he has a wife and a girlfriend?

I don''t know myself if he has a wife or girlfriend. So I''d have to decide whether to sniff around his WOG.

[quote user="The Role Model"]"I would, only so I could sniff around his gorgeous WAG"

What he has a wife and a girlfriend?

I don''t know myself if he has a wife or girlfriend. So I''d have to decide whether to sniff around his WOG.[/quote]

Racist? ;)

Mrs Peter Crouch... I''m sure we can find a job for her as well.

Abbey Clancy

I give this 15 minutes before it''s removed![A]

Football-wise it would have to be a no.  Last couple of seasons when we''ve played them he''s been static and reliant on leaning on defenders to stop them jumping so he could win headers, which espcially at the Britannia was quite effective for him as free kicks were rarely given for his fouls.  If he was penalised every time he committed a foul, he would contribute almost nothing.

I have always rated him as a player and as an individual and he has done well for us in the past.

I now think that perhaps he has "Championship" all over him as his game seems to have lost quite bit lately.

A big "No" from me ... backward step IMO.

For those few who haven''t head this before:

When ask by an interviewer what he would be if he hadn''t have been a professional footballer his amusing reply was, "Single."

I liked it.

If the wage demands came down and the fee was a couple of million, then yeah, i''d take him for a season or two. He can score goals and has obvious aerial threat.

Having said that, he''s not really what we are after. We have enough stregnth and finishing especially if Hooper comes in, but we need someone with a bit of pace to complete the line up.

Crouch''s Premier League goal tally has only entered double figures twice in the past nine seasons.  Even then it was only 10 & 11. Not exactly a goal machine.He''s also at the end of his career with two years left on his contract. So that''s a large fee, high wages, no resale value and few goals.

I''d have him if he was a freebie and accepted a wage which was in line with the average wage of our senior squad.

So you don''t want him then !. How about Nicholas Anelka ? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2352612/West-Brom-hunt-Premier-League-journeyman-Nicolas-Anelka.html

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Crouch''s Premier League goal tally has only entered double figures twice in the past nine seasons.  Even then it was only 10 & 11. Not exactly a goal machine.He''s also at the end of his career with two years left on his contract. So that''s a large fee, high wages, no resale value and few goals. [/quote]

So that''s a maybe then....?

No thanks for Anelka. Past his best and declining. Strikes me as being a tempermental sort as well.

If we were genuinely looking to play a traditonal 2 men upfront and his wages etc were VERY sensible, then he''d be ok on a free, but based on how Hughton appears to want us setup and the way we want to play, Crouch really does not fit in with that at all.There''s FAR better options to be discussing to improve the squad than Crouch IMHO.

His best years are behind him. Would rather have young, hungry players with their best years ahead of them. Pretty much what we''ve done for the past 3 years.

as Surrey says aboveperhaps those saying yes might care to ask the same question on Sept 1st and point to a player in the squad who should be excluded to make way for him

ps always reminds me of the question -

what would Peter Crouch be if he was not a famous footballer ?

single

Actually it was:

"What would Peter Crouch be if he was not a famous footballer ?"

"A virgin"