Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

Player snubs Ipswich for the mighty Yeovil...

maybe, just maybe, our dimwitted neighbours might just begin to grasp how desperate things are at the Workhouse (poorman road) ........ or maybe not, this is the binners, possibly the country''s thickest fansnow there maybe a case to be made for assembling a squad from out of contract players (no money for transfer fees), but when you have been out bid by Yeovil then things do look a bit worryingJewell coped with this by bringing in any number of aged hasbeens (padded out with loanees as the season started). I don''t doubt that McCarthy will have to do the same albeit freebies and then patching up come Septemberin the meantime enjoy a summer of fun as the paupers rummage through the bins to scrape together a squad - and the dimwits squeak as any number of cost cutting, and mean minded charges, are imposed on them.................... and if you fancy watching City for free next season find a betting exchange and offer decent odds on the binners to reach the playoffs - you will get your hand bitten off and it is basically free money

you don''t have to laugh at ipswich - but it''s ruddy hard not to

Yeah, does this really matter? they were good 30 odd years ago. that''s the only thing that''s important.

not that they don''t own the land their ground is on.

not that they''re in massive debt.

not that they averaged something like 17k attendance last season.

not that they have an owner that''s never been seen.

not that they''re now the championship longest serving team.

not that Yeovil is now a more attractive prospect than them.

not that they can only sign 30 year old free agents.

not that their players are constantly getting in trouble with the authorities.

not that they have no transfer funds

as long as they have their 30+ year old success...

On the bright side no matter how bad things are getting down at Poorman rd, at least top earner Michael Chopra has vowed to stand by them and see out the remainder of his contract when he could easily take a pay cut and go out on loan or move to an even lower league club than Ipswich.  It''s not every day a professional footballer exhibits this kind of loyalty towards their club.

Giggle, snort, yet more giggles, hee hee, ha ha and laugh.[:D]

Seeing "them down the road" clearly in a lot of trouble is one of those bitter sweet things.

Yes, I want to finish above them, and beat them every time we play them, and it''s nice to see them suffer after watching them gloat over us but it''s like kicking a drowning puppy sometimes.

Ben

There is a part of me that doesn''t like to ''kick a dog when it''s down'', we were once that dog...

However, I have ingrained on my memory the image of there fans waving £10 notes at us and the stuff they were singing about never playing us again the season we went down.. I guess they got that one correct on a technicality haha! My point being let them drift into the doldrums while having to endure watching us sign ever increasingly exciting players and become a top flight regular.