Sign in to follow this  
zemas tendon

First Impressions

How long do you give a new player, to say he is a good signing or bad!! first five mins, first five hours or first five games!!

I''m sure if he is asked, less than five minutes - though I should he imagine he is hardly likely to say that he is a bad player.

[quote user="zemas tendon"]How long do you give a new player, to say he is a good signing or bad!! first five mins, first five hours or first five games!![/quote]what about Iwan. Took him a full season to click and look how we remember him.

In the cut throat world of premiership football, there simply isn''t much time for him to ''settle in''

I''d say he''s got until January minimum to make an impact. I''m sure he will though.

As far as scoring goals goes, if he''s working hard, getting assists and we''re high up the league, i won''t be bothered if he''s not scoring, but if he isn''t scoring, he''d better be busting a gut with the rest of his game. If he''s scoring on the other hand and we''re winning, as far as I care, the other 89 minutes he can be sat on the crossbar twiddling his thumbs!

[quote user="Javiers Deaf Translator"]if he hasn''t scored in the PL by the time we play everton, it will be time to start thinking about selling him on and looking else where.[/quote]

If he doesn''t score in the first minute of the first friendly, he''s shyte

I like his positive attitude and quiet confidence. It isn''t just about him though, it''s about supplying him with chances and playing well as a team, as RvW himself has pointed out.

[quote user="zemas tendon"]How long do you give a new player, to say he is a good signing or bad!! first five mins, first five hours or first five games!![/quote]

5 minutes is all i took Theoklitos! I still remember him looking at the bench and shrugging after the 4th goal. should have been subbed after that.