Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

RVW official

RVW officially signs tomorrow doesn''t he?

Who thinks he''ll be modelling the new away shirt?

I don''t think they allocate the squad numbers until the transfer window closes at the end of August

[quote user="Foghorn"]I don''t think they allocate the squad numbers until the transfer window closes at the end of August[/quote]course they will, season starts on 17th!

But they can''t finalise the list until the window closes, in case they sell or buy someone. They may put out a provisional list, but it may or may not be the same come the end of the window.

[quote user="Foghorn"]But they can''t finalise the list until the window closes, in case they sell or buy someone. They may put out a provisional list, but it may or may not be the same come the end of the window.[/quote]Are you for real? You honestly saying that against Everton the players wont be wearing numbers?The numbers are usually released 2-3 weeks before the first game. Might be worth doing a search to find what date they were released last yearAny players we sign after that will just be allocated a new number.

[quote user="Foghorn"]But they can''t finalise the list until the window closes, in case they sell or buy someone. They may put out a provisional list, but it may or may not be the same come the end of the window.[/quote]Someone plays too much FM!! Of course they announce the numbers before the end of August! If we sign anyone after they are allocated, they just get a higher number. They are hardly going to let thousands of fans get players names and numbers on their shirts and then a week later change them, there would be a mini uproar!!

Out of interest, and I''m not disputing the points raised above, but we got Bassong in mid-August and gave him the 5 shirt - did we therefore have no number 5 going into the new season?

[quote user="Jan van Chopsburg"]Out of interest, and I''m not disputing the points raised above, but we got Bassong in mid-August and gave him the 5 shirt - did we therefore have no number 5 going into the new season?[/quote]Yes thats how it would work.You cant change a players number one registered, so the number 5 shirt, must have been free

[quote user="Jan van Chopsburg"]Out of interest, and I''m not disputing the points raised above, but we got Bassong in mid-August and gave him the 5 shirt - did we therefore have no number 5 going into the new season?[/quote]

The numbers were announced the day before the first game of the season, and 5 was left free. Bradley Johnson was 4 and Michael Turner 6, but no 5.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="Jan van Chopsburg"]Out of interest, and I''m not disputing the points raised above, but we got Bassong in mid-August and gave him the 5 shirt - did we therefore have no number 5 going into the new season?[/quote]

The numbers were announced the day before the first game of the season, and 5 was left free. Bradley Johnson was 4 and Michael Turner 6, but no 5.

[/quote]

And 18 was left free as well.

[quote user="ryanncfc"][quote user="Foghorn"]But they can''t finalise the list until the window closes, in case they sell or buy someone. They may put out a provisional list, but it may or may not be the same come the end of the window.[/quote]Someone plays too much FM!! Of course they announce the numbers before the end of August! If we sign anyone after they are allocated, they just get a higher number. They are hardly going to let thousands of fans get players names and numbers on their shirts and then a week later change them, there would be a mini uproar!![/quote]

On Football Manager you choose numbers before the first game...

And you can only allocate players signed after then unused numbers, no swapping.

Right, Gingerpele, if that''s how it happens on Football Manager, then it must be right for the Premier League!

To those above who seem to think I get my rules from FM, I''ve never played it in my life.

The Premier League requirement is for squads to be registered at the end of August, and that includes their squad numbers. As I said, players could still leave, and join during August, so the numbers are flexible until the squad is registered. If clubs prefer to leave some numbers blank, and to allocate other numbers which they then stick to when the final squad is named, that''s up to them, and is for their convenience, but the final allocation of numbers isn''t mandatory till the final squad is registered.

I think too many City fans are underestimating the importance of RvW signing tomorrow. That and Garrido signing as well dwarfs what most other teams have managed until now. Let''s enjoy the moment.

[quote user="Foghorn"]

Right, Gingerpele, if that''s how it happens on Football Manager, then it must be right for the Premier League!

To those above who seem to think I get my rules from FM, I''ve never played it in my life.

The Premier League requirement is for squads to be registered at the end of August, and that includes their squad numbers. As I said, players could still leave, and join during August, so the numbers are flexible until the squad is registered. If clubs prefer to leave some numbers blank, and to allocate other numbers which they then stick to when the final squad is named, that''s up to them, and is for their convenience, but the final allocation of numbers isn''t mandatory till the final squad is registered.

[/quote]

It can happen, and did happen with Spurs and Adebayor last season…

http://www.haringeyindependent.co.uk/news/9930896.Spurs_player_offers_to_pay_for_shirt_exchange/

RVW # 10, Super Grant our # 9.  Will need GH all season in case RVW gets injured GH going nowhere.