Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

Redmond has signed.

Pace is the key dimension we''ve missed on the flanks and in Redmond we have that, not to mention the massive potential.

You all saw how well Sterling did last season until he was run into the ground, don''t underestimate the young lad. Could easily see him edging Pilks out the team if given the chance.

Exactly the sort of signing we need, now on to a CM.

Absent friend wrote - " Hope he signs - think there''s a lot to come from him if his head''s right."

His head is right. He does extra training to "get where he wants to be".

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="ricardo"]We really need a starter. I don''t see Redmond being that person.Maybe one for the future but I''m slightly underwhelmed.[/quote]

If (big if) Norwich can sign Fer and Toivonen, those will be the ''stars''.  A backbone of Ruddy, Bassong, Fer, Toivonen and RvW would be incredible for Norwich.

Redmond will be mainly used as a sub off the bench to add pace into games when needed.

[/quote]

Quite, Bethnal. If a comparitively cheap Redmond leaves us money to spend on those potentially expensive signings (or similar) then it is a very clever piece of business.

[/quote]

McNally only does ''clever'' but glad to see you coming round PC [;)]

I may be missing something here, but isn''t this deal yet to be confirmed? People already looking at Redmond with yellow tinted glasses and we don''t even know if he''s our player. You will all change your tune if he turns round and signs on the dotted line somewhere else!

That is correct, but we have already had posts regarding how to play Toivenen, and he seems further away in the rumour stakes than Redmond!

You cannot stop the Gossip train, wants a rumour starts! You''ve done it yourself with the Sinclair thread!

Yes, we need to be a bit cautious, but the Birmingham Mail report seemed pretty definitive and all the stories today about how excited CH is about the possibility of signing Redmond seem to be good indications. There was a mention on another thread that he had pssed his medical yesterday.

I think it''s excellent that City would then have pace on both wings with Bennett as well and there would be still money left for other places in the 25 man squad, as he is only 19. It''s about time Pete has news about a presser today, though!