Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

Redmond has signed.

Beat me to it!Good signing - shows we''ve got one eye on the future as well as the present. When/if he leaves us - it''l be for big money as he''s English and young.

Blimey Nicko. We haven''t got him yet and you''re already planning on him leaving.

so the local Birmingham Newspaper confirm Redmond has left, for how much, and all the in''s and outs of the transfer but this isn''t "Confirmation".

Right... ok...

Really happy with this signing, this is a big coup for the club, this lad has the potential to be a top international player.

[quote user="Herman "]Blimey Nicko. We haven''t got him yet and you''re already planning on him leaving.[/quote]Haha sorry Herman, getting ahead of myself.What I should have said was - I think he''ll be an excellent asset to the club!

I''ll believe it when we hear news from NCFC - which I''m sure we will!

I''m surprised that there is nothing about this on Sky, BBC or any national papers'' websites (probably more due to us not being as ''fashionable'' as Swanselona rather than the Brummie paper getting ahead of itself no doubt).

If he hasnt had his medical, then he hasnt put pen to paper and officially joined, I will get excited once that has happened.  This is no confirmation

I''ve added him to the Norwich team on FIFA... (I know it''s not a very good indicator but it''s the only thing I''ve got to judge him on!).

Very, very quick- which is good for me because most of my goals on the game are from sheer running...[:D]

I must admit to knowing very little about Redmond. Is he likely to be an automatic starter ahead of Pilks, Snodds or Benno? Pace is what we were sorely lacking last season, but I can see Redmond being a last 20 minute impact man.

I''d say he''ll be third choice to start with. He''s only 19 and so may take a couple of months to get fully going. Pilks'' place to lose i think.

Without wanting to be pedantic technically he has not signed and this story confirms nothing.

Thats aid this chap does seem to be well connected when it comes to all things BCFC and most reports now seem to be reporting this as a done deal so hopefully its now just a question of completing the formalities.

A promising player and signing. Gives us a bit of much needed pace.

We really need a starter. I don''t see Redmond being that person.Maybe one for the future but I''m slightly underwhelmed.

I can see him being the pacey maverick we unleash against tiring defences with 15 minutes to go and an occasional starter when Pilkington needs resting ... if he actually signs!

Well hopefully when Hooper, Fer and Toivonen follow, there will be plenty of options to go with Ricardo. Redmond will offer directness and pace that we have been lacking.

Come on Ricardo, keep your pecker up.

What''s not to like? He''s an England U21 player, shone in the Championship, we haven''t paid over the odds for him. No one has said he is the saviour of our season. He offers us something we haven''t got already, and will offer us flexibility.

My question is where does that leave Bennett? Given that he has in parts done well but not really lit up the place sine his moe from Brighton.

Can''t see Redmond taking Snoodders or Pilks starting place but bench certainly, give''s Hughton some pace from the bench with Bennett and Redmond as an option.

[quote user="ricardo"]We really need a starter. I don''t see Redmond being that person.Maybe one for the future but I''m slightly underwhelmed.[/quote]

I know what you mean, however his age and pace could see him play a bigger part than we expect.

I can see it giving us more options going forward. The advantage is that he won''t count towards the 25 for a good couple of seasons.

Hope this doesn''t mean goodbye to Bennett. Although as things stand we have three right wingers and one left winger, and Bennett can do a job on the left, so it will take another left winger to make Bennett surplus to requirements.

Probably also take another attacking midfielder, because at one point it looked like he was being groomed for a second striker role.

Underwhelmed by a 19 year old, capped at U21 level, made over 60 appearances in the championship, and widely regarded as one of the top prospects in the country. All for £2 million cash down. Steal of the century the brummies are livid when you look at the money paid for Zaha and about to be paid for ince, its pocket money.

[quote user="ricardo"]We really need a starter. I don''t see Redmond being that person.Maybe one for the future but I''m slightly underwhelmed.[/quote]

Yes, but we don''t have unlimited money. It is all a question of priorities. If Ince is the benchmark then buying a guaranteed starter might cost four times what we are paying now for Redmond. And that would take money away from the two areas - central midfeld and upfront - where we definitely need to upgrade with high-quality - and potentially expensive - players.If only paying £2m for Redmond enables us, for example, to afford Fer and Toivonen or Hooper or whoever, then that is a sensible allocation of resources.Added to which we still need cover at left-back and - now - a third goalkeeper, which I suspect was not envisaged.  I doubt we would have let Rudd go if we knew we were losing Steer.

[quote user="City penguin"]Underwhelmed by a 19 year old, capped at U21 level, made over 60 appearances in the championship, and widely regarded as one of the top prospects in the country. All for £2 million cash down. Steal of the century the brummies are livid when you look at the money paid for Zaha and about to be paid for ince, its pocket money.[/quote]

He was the stand out peformer during the U21s Championships outshining Ince and Zaha so I think that this will be a bargin buy.

I don''t think being an England U21 player is anything to shout about after the Euros lol, but I get the point. Good signing if/when it happens!