Sign in to follow this  
Number 9

QPR + STEVE MCLAREN

[quote user="Militant Canary"]Redknapp is being Avram Grant''d.[/quote]

Seems it might have been ''Arry''s idea...

It does make a lot of sense, McLaren is a great coach, and Redknapp a great motivator they have very contrasting skills set and if they can work together it might pay off.

Good move IMO.

He is a great coach, just can''t cut it as a manager

Fair enough, Bethnal. I have a great deal of respect for your opinion on these matters, so shall reserve judgement.

Nonetheless, I have a feeling it will all end in tears... or, at least, precisely how I think it will - and I know I''m not alone in thinking it.

I suspect it is, like you say, jumping ship, as opposed to QPR finally getting someone half sensible who can deal with balancing the books, and getting rid of the big wage earners. When will they learn? Frankly, who cares?

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Have you seen the amount of players who are jumping ship from that club?Believe Samba is the latest. Quite Funny really.[/quote]I think that is pretty much par for the course.With reduced income any club being relegated will always have to move players on and with the kind of players QPR signed this would be almost certain - one season mercenaries who will waddle off to their next fat contract.A more worrying sign is Birmingham who are having to sell off their best players to make ends meet. Another club to follow Wolves maybe - and a sign that there are far more ''yo'' clubs than yo yo clubs. Those that go down, but don''t come up.A lesson for us, perhaps

It''s nit fair in the chumpionship, those nasty other teams won''t let us win.

I cant wait for the excuses to start.

Joseph Barton is back at rangers unless they pay off his contract, should enjoy the championship

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="Militant Canary"]Redknapp is being Avram Grant''d.[/quote]

Seems it might have been ''Arry''s idea...

It does make a lot of sense, McLaren is a great coach, and Redknapp a great motivator they have very contrasting skills set and if they can work together it might pay off.

[/quote]

Bethnal, if that was true is it still so? I know there were extenuating circumstances, but there didn''t seem to be any more motivating going on at QPR last season after Harry took over than there had been under Hughes. I actually think this is a smart move by McLaren. He will be in prime position to take over as manager if Redknapp doesn''t get promotion and/or gets bored.