Sign in to follow this  
Buster Douglas

Press conf 2.00pm

Maybe so Andy, but sounds like it''ll be delayed if he''s at the Asda on the ring road - he would have to have seriously overshot.

"4 new players being announced? "

should I ............... ?

I''m at the press conference right now and I can officially confirm that every journalist is being given a free pot of yoghurt and a complimentary issue of the Evening News.

No sign of Toivonen yet although I can swear I saw Hughton walk past the window with Antoine Sibierski.

I am really in the know.

There will be a press conference tomorrow . . . . . . . or Thursday, possibly Friday - none will take place over the weekend but there is a chance it could also be Monday or Tuesday next week.

It will be some time between 13.00 - 16.00. Earlier than that would spoil lunch, any later than that would mean the new players wouldn''t have time to go for a quick round of gold and get changed and still make their table reservation at Delia''s with Grant Holt.

Like I said, I''m in the know.

Sadly, most of what I know is total BS. ;oD

I have heard that the press conference was intended to announce Toivonen was joining on a 3 year deal. However they have reached an impasse over the finer points of the contract (goal/assist bonus etc.). In an attempt to resolve this Toivonen and McNally are in the middle of an epic ping pong contest which has been going on for 2 and a half hours with no sign of a winner.

[quote user="City1st"]"4 new players being announced? "

should I ............... ?

[/quote]

I know,  it was ridiculously stupid.  But people still believe it.  Like how some people believe  ''press conference at 2pm today, i have info from someone at the club'' ....

[quote user="Mr Angry"]I doubt we''ll announce Toivonen''s signing tomorrow, it''s his birthday.[/quote]

Could be so Delia brings out a cake during the PC

[quote user="step"]

Not sure that McN knows how to lose ![/quote]

Really?

G Holt got the three year contract he wanted

That was not long after McN lost us the best manager we have had in a generation, perhaps he was always going to go but McN certainly did not "win".

There is a big difference between being a bit of a dick / a bully, and actually being a winner.

Well being that I am in the know - I can now let you know that the ''move'' involving Foulger is that they have decided he should now be the one to play golf with the players as big Mac took it too seriously.

Apparently he gave Kone a good hiding which has completely put him off a move. Mind you, he should have known better than state that golf is a good walk spoilt.

A Carrow Road aid told me in confidence that the Wolfswinkel was the first player to play golf with Foulger and he had this to say:

"I struggled at first, Foulger clearly new the course well. I got stuck on the clown''s face with the mouth opening and shutting. However as we neared the end the smell of the chip stand nearby appeared to distract him, that and having a lot of windmills back home meant I scored a hole in one with my knowledge of the timing of the sails." As he walked off he claimed that the golf was ''crazy'' but ''fun''.

[quote user="AndyTGT"][quote user="step"]

Really?

That was not long after McN lost us the best manager we have had in a generation, perhaps he was always going to go but McN certainly did not "win".

There is a big difference between being a bit of a dick / a bully, and actually being a winner.[/quote]

Hope you''re being sarcastic.

[quote user="Nicko"][quote user="AndyTGT"][quote user="step"]

Really?

There is a big difference between being a bit of a dick / a bully, and actually being a winner.[/quote]

Hope you''re being sarcastic.[/quote]

This^^^

Morty wrote: "How did the presser go?"

Ahhh it was a presser, right - if anyone sees the said presser can they please retrieve my trousers, I was doing them this morning in the corner hotel and turned around to find them missing. I have been sitting at my desk in my boxers ever since - I''ll have to be the last one home again tonight I guess.

@AndyTGT: I''m in the know, so I''ll share so you can be in the know.

The Grant Holt contract saga last summer was in fact a PR move. The club had known for some time that Lambert was going to get all demandy and yet still not tie himself down to a longer contract.

So Big Mac put together this little plan. Knowing that he was going to lose Lambert he asked Holt for a little help. Asked him to kick up a fuss, hand in a transfer request and act all sulky ready for the new manager to come in with the promise that he''d get the extra year etc that they had already agreed to.

Big Mac got in Hughton after cleverly setting up the situation to get compensation for Lambert and his staff. Hughton''s first move was to back Holt and get him to stay.

Hughton instantly gets fans on side, even if just a little bit. People worry a little more about Holt than losing Lambert - everybody wins.

It''s ok, you can take your tinfoil hats off now.

My upmost apologies it was a press meeting, I will hold my hands up as I don''t like to waste people''s time with bull sh*t and have failed.

Although no need to be utter *** about it

We''re not. We''re just having a laugh about it. That''s how we deal with disappointment.

[quote user="barclay_boy111"]Ha fair play suppose It''s Better then my way.. Crying lol[/quote]

Barclay boy I officially out u as a bin dipping troll