Sign in to follow this  
Buster Douglas

Press conf 2.00pm

[quote user="barclay_boy111"]Yes I am setting my self up for a fall but I''m confident their is and will be one[/quote]Even after one of the people who work for the press has just said that the people in the press haven''t been told about a press conference?!

[quote user="Warren Hill"]

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]If there is a press conference at 2pm they''ve yet to tell the press...
[/quote]

That MIGHT be regarded as an oversight....

[/quote]

Or maybe they just don''t like Archant these days![;)]

"The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="ROBFLECK"]Indy, I''ve seen him play, he''s better than Dave Strihavka ... He would be a good addition to the squad (at the right price ofcourse) Regular in the PSV starting line-up, and they had a few good strikers (Mertens, etc...)[/quote]Not a great badge of honor really though is it?I think my cat is better than Dave Striker.... and she died when I was 6.

YOU''VE GOT A POINT THERE GHOST, STRIHAVKA WOUL''VE HAD A PROBLEM GETTING IN THE LINE-UP of ANY LEAGUE TWO OUTFIT

Indy - I was in France at a meeting last Friday and there was a Dutch guy who is a keen Ajax fan and he says that Toivonen is a really great player.

[quote user="ryanncfc"][quote user="barclay_boy111"]Yes I am setting my self up for a fall but I''m confident their is and will be one[/quote]Even after one of the people who work for the press has just said that the people in the press haven''t been told about a press conference?![/quote]There is, of course, still two hours to go...

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="ryanncfc"][quote user="barclay_boy111"]Yes I am setting my self up for a fall but I''m confident their is and will be one[/quote]Even after one of the people who work for the press has just said that the people in the press haven''t been told about a press conference?![/quote]There is, of course, still two hours to go...[/quote]Sounds like something might have changed on the ol'' press conference scheduling list?!

Just seen this Carlo Nash thing on Twitter, among dozens of similar tweets-

Chris Goreham ‏@CGoreham 6m

#ncfc transfer rumour update: I''m hearing that Redmond is close and there may be something in the Carlo Nash reports. Watching this space

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="ryanncfc"][quote user="barclay_boy111"]Yes I am setting my self up for a fall but I''m confident their is and will be one[/quote]Even after one of the people who work for the press has just said that the people in the press haven''t been told about a press conference?![/quote]There is, of course, still two hours to go...[/quote]

It would start late anyway :-P

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="ryanncfc"][quote user="barclay_boy111"]Yes I am setting my self up for a fall but I''m confident their is and will be one[/quote]Even after one of the people who work for the press has just said that the people in the press haven''t been told about a press conference?![/quote]There is, of course, still two hours to go...[/quote]Sounds like something might have changed on the ol'' press conference scheduling list?! [/quote]No.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="ryanncfc"][quote user="barclay_boy111"]Yes I am setting my self up for a fall but I''m confident their is and will be one[/quote]Even after one of the people who work for the press has just said that the people in the press haven''t been told about a press conference?![/quote]There is, of course, still two hours to go...[/quote]

The deciding factor is whether they have enough stale egg and cress sandwiches and flat ginger beer left over from yesterday''s press conference.

[quote user="Big Duncs Bloody Shirt"]How short does the ''short notice'' get for these pressers Pete?

And, have we confirmed that Hughton, whatever the circumstances, parks his car in a perfectly straight and symmetrical line?[/quote]Two hours would be very short notice.

[quote user="Big Duncs Bloody Shirt"]How short does the ''short notice'' get for these pressers Pete?

And, have we confirmed that Hughton, whatever the circumstances, parks his car in a perfectly straight and symmetrical line?[/quote]

That sounds too defensive if you ask me....

Should go all attack like Lambert! Have all the doors wide open and the horn blaring!

[quote user="Canary_Mad"]carlo nash[/quote]I very much doubt they would call a press conference for a 39 year old 3rd choice keeper. That would be more of an announcement.

[quote user="barclay_boy111"]Beat me to it! Some one within the club told me[/quote]

no they didnt....

or they don''t actually work for the club

or... you made it up and said person doesn''t exist....

which one is it?

Classic case of Chinese whispers - they meant to say a PES Competition will be held at 2 o clock... The top seeds being McNally and Delia after pulling Man Red and Merseyside Red out of the hat.

It''l be to announce the triple signing of Toivonen, Fer and Hooper. And the loan signing of Naughton. Obviously.

I''m expecting a full capacity carrow road at 2 o clock to come and watch Carlo Nash do keepie uppies a la Ronaldo!

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I''m expecting a full capacity carrow road at 2 o clock to come and watch Carlo Nash do keepie uppies a la Ronaldo![/quote]Lol.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I''m expecting a full capacity carrow road at 2 o clock to come and watch Carlo Nash do keepie uppies a la Ronaldo![/quote]

Very good

Last summer we did not really have press conferences to announce a number of our signings. My recollection is they announced them first through canariesworld and the website then had press conferences shortly after.

I also understand from a mate in the media that they are often given very late notice of conferences these days. Essentially someone phones up and says "get yourselves down to Carrow Road in x hours." I suspect whether there is a press conference or not will depend on when we manage to tie up the Redmond formalities.