Sign in to follow this  
Buster Douglas

Press conf 2.00pm

Where''s this ''supposed'' information coming from? Let''s just wait for Sporty Pete or City to announce before we speculate.

[quote user="junojrs"]Where''s this ''supposed'' information coming from? Let''s just wait for Sporty Pete or City to announce before we speculate.[/quote]

I agree - let''s not speculate until it''s nailed on.

Would be great if it''s Redmond though, or has anyone heard anything about Toivonen this week ?

I know I said not to speculate, but Toivonen didn''t turn up to PSV training Monday morning. Not sure if he turned up today mind, but if not I think you could probably put a firm bet on him being a Norwich player by the end of the week.

[quote user="junojrs"]I know I said not to speculate, but Toivonen didn''t turn up to PSV training Monday morning. Not sure if he turned up today mind, but if not I think you could probably put a firm bet on him being a Norwich player by the end of the week.[/quote]Thought he was going back to training tomorrow.

I''m pretty sure that Toivonen has been told to report tomorrow if he isn''t signing elsewhere, so we probably won''t know until then, unless he turns up at CR today or there is some news. Redmond signing is the liklier option though, IMO.

If there is one it will be Redmond, I''m starting to think Toivonen will be signing a new contract ans staying at PSV

[quote user="barclay_boy111"]Why make it up? There will be a press confrance at 2pm, information from someone within the club[/quote]Because that''s what people do on this message board

[quote user="birchfest"]If there is one it will be Redmond, I''m starting to think Toivonen will be signing a new contract ans staying at PSV[/quote]he seems to only have two options. Sign for us or perform a climb down and sign a new contract at PSV. There seem to no other suitors for him. personally I hope we get him

A lot of people on here all appear to be singing Toivonen’s praises but who has actually seen this guy play and how often?

To be honest I know nothing about him, he’s not really caught my eye while at PSV or playing Sweden, so is he any good? Or are people just hoping ?

At 27 should be in his prime and wanting to make his mark, strange that no other clubs have been linked to him other than Fulham & West Ham in short articles in the UK press.

Not sure about this signing to be honest, another big Dave Strihavka?

I am with Death by Chocolate Starfish on this one , the amount of cr@p posted on the message board creates paranoia...

[quote user="Indy"]

A lot of people on here all appear to be singing Toivonen’s praises but who has actually seen this guy play and how often?

To be honest I know nothing about him, he’s not really caught my eye while at PSV or playing Sweden, so is he any good? Or are people just hoping ?

At 27 should be in his prime and wanting to make his mark, strange that no other clubs have been linked to him other than Fulham & West Ham in short articles in the UK press.

Not sure about this signing to be honest, another big Dave Strihavka?

[/quote]I have been thinking pretty much exactly the same.Frankly Hooper would be less of a risk.

Indy, I''ve seen him play, he''s better than Dave Strihavka ... He would be a good addition to the squad (at the right price ofcourse) Regular in the PSV starting line-up, and they had a few good strikers (Mertens, etc...)

What I find most annoying (and is another stick to beat him with) is that Hughton refuses to park his car at that jaunty angle when a new signing is imminent.

Lambert''s Maserati parked at between 45 and 60 degrees was a better than any white smoke.

I bet that''s never even crossed Hughton''s mind.

The PR at this club stinks ;-)

[quote user="kick it off"]Pinkun just said on Twitter that they''ve not been informed of this.... sounds a bit odd....[/quote]Come on people, let''s think about it;1) There was a big presser yesterday. Even if there was a new signing, why would they back it up with another one 24 hours later.2) Think back to last years summer transfer window. Quite often signings are announced without a press conference, and then the player is unveiled later in a presser.3) Stop being so gullible. The only reason this gaff gets on here is because people rise to it.

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Indy, I''ve seen him play, he''s better than Dave Strihavka ... He would be a good addition to the squad (at the right price ofcourse) Regular in the PSV starting line-up, and they had a few good strikers (Mertens, etc...)[/quote]Not a great badge of honor really though is it?I think my cat is better than Dave Striker.... and she died when I was 6.

[quote user="Death by Chocolate Starfish"][quote user="barclay_boy111"]Why make it up? There will be a press confrance at 2pm, information from someone within the club[/quote]Because that''s what people do on this message board[/quote]

Barclay boy is setting himself up for a fall if this press conf doesn''t happen

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]Come on people, let''s think about it;1) There was a big presser yesterday. Even if there was a new signing, why would they back it up with another one 24 hours later.2) Think back to last years summer transfer window. Quite often signings are announced without a press conference, and then the player is unveiled later in a presser.3) Stop being so gullible. The only reason this gaff gets on here is because people rise to it.[/quote]I seem to recall mr lister saying his wife worked at Carrow Rd. He''s been correct before.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]If there is a press conference at 2pm they''ve yet to tell the press...
[/quote]

That MIGHT be regarded as an oversight....