Sign in to follow this  
smooth

Van ginkel

Still wanting guarantees of first team football at Chelsea. I agree with statements here that he can learn from lampard and others at Chelsea. But if we were interested then firs''t team football would be very likely at carrow road. I think we hold that clout and it is great to see a player wanting guarantees on football rather than talking about money.

I''m still not sure the bird has flown. It would take one hell of a lie to guarantee first team football to him at Chelsea and convince him.

With my green and yellow tinted spectacles firmly on, he''d be far better signing for us, banging a release fee clause in there for big clubs for a bit more than we pay for him and then turning in some class performances for us behind RVW.

I''m actually hoping that the deal DOES go through, which gives us an even better chance of bringing in Marin instead.Likely to be half the price of Van Ginkel, hugely talented and desperate to get his name back in the eye of the national team manager ahead of the upcoming tournament.So hurry up and sign Van Ginkel Jose, so we can have Marin off you instead [:D]

Marin and Ginkel are not competing same place. I still cant see anything behind this rumour. But Chelsea got Scurrle already and I would guess he wont play as a pure 9 in Chelsea, so Marin''s days in Chelsea seems to be ending quite soon.

Ginkel isnt type of player Mourinho likes that much, he isnt straight replacement for Mikel or Ramires, he can only dream about being first choise in future for 10 spot with Mata and Hazard on the team and for the Lampard role there is already Oscar and KdB havent left the team yet.

I really cant find any logic behind this except "Because we can".

Van Ginkel is moving more towards become one of a ''double pivot'' in central midfield and he could fill that role at Chelsea. It looks almost certain that Mikel will leave this summer and a replacement would be needed, they are very different types of player but I can see Chelsea playing a different style next season. If Chelsea want him to be a more advanced midfielder then he probably won''t go there (and I can''t imagine why Chelsea would be looking for yet another player in that position).

Van Ginkel''s main aim is probably to get a place in the Dutch world cup squad, he is more likely to achieve that with 15 - 20 appearances for Chelsea (League and Champions League) that he is with 38 appearances  for Norwich City.

With Lampard and Oscar as a second option on 2 bottom middlefielders I never see Mourinho using Ginkel beside them.

We are speaking about coach who was afraid to try Sahin and Modric next to Xabi Alonso who is quite much better defender than what Lampard is

Chelsea''s current lineup is full of tiny players.. Mourinho will want some muscle behind attackers and as Lampard and Oscar who will be clearly front of Ginkel without injuries wont offer that and neither does Ginkel he will most likely find someone else for that role or use Essien, David Luis and Ramires there.

He went that far that Essien and Albiol played more in that Real''s second holding spot than Modric did and Albiol is center back.

Anyway I personaly see Ginkel more as regista than pivote if we use italian terms. He needs that certain freedom to be effective and with his vision and ball abilities he would be wasted by being used protecting center backs.

If we look this deal outside of money Ginkel has no reason to move Chelsea and I would bet +30 games in middle class team being a star of that team gives him better chances in national team than being Chelsea''s benchwarmer.

Look what happened to Marin''s national team carreer. Cant see any brighter future for Ginkel in Chelsea.

The fact that he hasn''t signed already for Chelsea suggests we are still in with a shout. Presumably the transfer fee and contract offer are all sewn up, and all is left is for him to make his mark. But clearly he hasn''t. The longer this goes on the more chance we have i would say.

True, Penguin.

But, I''m not sure we were ever actually interested in him to begin with. Even if we were, is there any proof that our initial interest is still there?

Anybody know anything certain regarding our interest in him?

Discussions with Chelsea today, I do not think he will sign with them.

If there were rumours I would say we still may have a chance, slim it may be but a player who wants to play and not pick up a pay cheque. It sounds like the reasons rvw came here.

Yes he has, but maybe again a sign that if you move to Chelsea you will not get playing time with them, lukaku found that out too.