Sign in to follow this  
Number 9

targets

What target has Hughton got for this season then?

I would suggest Top Ten finish, I.e. better than last season + improved cup run.

What has McNasty set?

What would you set?

[quote user="Number 9"]What target has Hughton got for this season then?

I would suggest Top Ten finish, I.e. better than last season + improved cup run.

What has McNasty set?

What would you set?[/quote]

To score more goals.

As with every season a certain amount of progress is expected, that doesn''t have to mean finishing above 11th though.

A little bit of entertainment and panache would be good this season, less playing for draws when playing Fulham etc. at home.

stability moving towards improvement. without knowing how tough the league will be this season it''s hard to set a realistic goal.

I would think somewhere between 14-8th isn''t out of the question though.

I think if we add a few more signings of the calibre we think we''re getting then a top ten finish and a decent cup run aren''t unreasonable.And looking like a side that is going some way to being comfortable and established.I''m looking forward to an even better quality bench that we can call on to genuinely change games when we need to.

to achieve as many points as possible - as in the other seasons*the moot point is what would be acceptable ........ based how the players, manager and others are bonused ie the higher they finish the more they get

*it is impossible to set this fictional target as there is no knowing of how the league will finish ie less points this season ''should have'' seen us finish in a lower league position than the season before. it didn''t

[quote user="Number 9"] I would suggest Top Ten finish, I.e. better than last season + improved cup run. What has McNasty set? What would you set? [/quote]

A top 10 finish is a massive ask when you consider that the top 6 - 7 places are basically sewn up.

I''m not saying it''s beyond us but every club who stayed in the league from last season will want to improve again this season and not everyone is going to do it.

Finishing comfortably above the relegation zone (regardless of the position) would be nice but just staying up would be good enough for me.

As others have said, a little more style, flare and attacking intent in our football would be good to see... but not at the expense of our league status.

Not bothered about the cups. Look at wigan for example. Much rather stay in the league and continue to improve the squad and eventually the stadium...

Get to the magical 40 point benchmark by February.

Much more attacking intent.

Johnson to score.

I think it''l be a few more seasons yet before we can start thinking about anything but safety. The more stable we become the more chance we have of winning a few trophies and breaking into europe.

i think you have to take into account the quality of player the rest of the league can now afford, everyone has moved up a level not just city. I dont see it being much differenthowever, I will be watching the likes of everton, sunderland, stoke, fulham and newcastle very closely, swansea will also have the joy of a europa fixture list and weve all seen what happens to league form when that clubs get their priorities wrong, they all look like they could potentially have problems. I think palace and hull are doomed but cardiff probably have enough about them so that final spot could be interesting.dont think city will be quite as deep in that fight this time around. so a bit less moaning on here compared to last season lol ;) 8th to 14th

Lot of points I agree with, safety earlier in the season is key, I think we will take the cup more seriously as our squad will be better equipped. But league is priority would rather we took the carling cup seriously as it is an earlier cup competition.

Fa cup messes with the end of the season.

I just want to see a few convincing 2-0 or 3-1 victories. Be amazing if we can beat the promoted clubs home and away secure points early.

[quote user="Nicko"]I think it''l be a few more seasons yet before we can start thinking about anything but safety. The more stable we become the more chance we have of winning a few trophies and breaking into europe.[/quote]No such thingThe Championship (and league 1) are littered with clubs who by your reckoning were stable Each season starts off back at square one. It is not Grand Prix, we do not gain any advantage by how many seasons we have been in the PL.Again this aiming for safety is illogical ... all we can do is to try

and pick up as many points as possible and see where that places us come

the end of the season.As said, other than finishing as high as we can the rest is meaningless.

[quote user="vlad666"]Not bothered about the cups. Look at wigan for example. Much rather stay in the league and continue to improve the squad and eventually the stadium...[/quote]look at us for another example. Milk cup and relegated.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Attack, attack, attack. Shoot! Especially at Stoke Away please.[/quote]my, that was a godawful depressing match wasn''t it

50 points + and safe by mid April would be fantastic. On top of that a sense that we are playing to win and not draws. Effective substitutions too.