Sign in to follow this  
stoke canary

Young keeper on his way to NCFC....

Yes he shall take Lee Camp''s place as 3rd choice, and hopefully this season we won''t need to go that far down the pecking order.

He''ll leave when Rudd comes back from Preston at the end of the season

Where exactly does "young goalkeeper" come into this?

He was born in 1973, which by my reckoning makes him 40 (mind you, that''s young compared to me!)

[quote user="Foghorn"]Where exactly does "young goalkeeper" come into this?

He was born in 1973, which by my reckoning makes him 40 (mind you, that''s young compared to me!)[/quote]          TONGUE       and       CHEEK 

[quote user="Foghorn"]Where exactly does "young goalkeeper" come into this?

He was born in 1973, which by my reckoning makes him 40 (mind you, that''s young compared to me!)[/quote]

Did you miss the sarcasm alert my friend?

sensible signing if true.

If he comes in then its cover should the worse happen to Ruddy or Bunn, I doubt he is coming here expecting to play or on a big wage too.

I suppose the proposed move for Redmond , as an underage squad player , in place of Steer just about balances/justifies this..........I''m just glad that there is once again a Norwich player that is older than me!!....I''ve still got hope!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although I dont really have a problem with this, I have to wonder why we didn''t offer Camp another year. Maybe we did and he declined which is fair enough.

We aren''t gonna get a quality keeper who''s happy to play second fiddle to Ruddy and Bunn so with that taken into account - good signing.

Great sensible signing that has been rumoured for a couple of days now.   Means Rudd can play regular football and Nash wont cost us a fortune - very much a no 3 keeper and one who wont cause problems behind the scenes. 

Camp probably feels he can play first choice somewhere Nicko, I would suspect Nash is looking at hanging his gloves up soon.

probably worked out well for all parties really.

I don''t have an issue with this as long as e have a recall clause in Rudd''s loan deal. Should the worst case happena dn Ruddy gets injured and Bunn sent off I would not be happy using a keeper who has played so little at this level never mind his age!

Also, I think this says alot about the clubs feelings towards the Ruddy saga.

Surely if they thought Ruddy might be on his way they would be getting a ''keeper of a bit more quality...?

Some people are just missing the Sarcasm gene so they are unable to be sarcastic, nor able to identify when others are being sarcastic. 

3rd keeper is a tricky position.  Do you keep a young player there in which case he''s getting no match experience, just training and sitting on the bench (so not really progressing), and if he does come in you worry about him making a blooper, whereas an experienced keeper who''s is probably going to want to be at least number 2 so he''s got a realistic chance of some first team play.

So an older keeper is a sensible solution especially if he has a training role too.  How often do you actually need your 3rd choice in the League ?

As we saw last season, if the first choice gets a long term injury then you need to look at getting a new 3rd choice in, but for the normal cover for suspensions/minor injuries this makes sense.

Yeah, I missed the sarcastic tone, but you can put that down to my age, and to the amount of cr@p postings on here regarding who we are, or should be signing.

[quote user="Indy"]

I don''t have an issue with this as long as e have a recall clause in Rudd''s loan deal. Should the worst case happena dn Ruddy gets injured and Bunn sent off I would not be happy using a keeper who has played so little at this level never mind his age!

[/quote]

There has been no mention of such a clause. That is not to say there isn''t one, but the tenor of the story was that Rudd was off to Preston for the whole season.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Indy"]

[/quote]

There has been no mention of such a clause. That is not to say there isn''t one, but the tenor of the story was that Rudd was off to Preston for the whole season.

[/quote]

If Ruddy did get injured and Bunn sent off, I''d rather we had Nash here to play that odd game. I think it would be far better for Rudd to stay out for the full season and get the games and experience under his belt than get recalled to play a game or three and then twiddle his thumbs for the rest of the campaign.

Forgive my ignorance here but what happened to Declan Rudd? Ive been asleep since the Man City game.

Is he still a NCFC player? If so why do we need Nash?

Surely Ruddy, Bunn and Rudd is enough, unless Ruddy is off.