Sign in to follow this  
stoke canary

Young keeper on his way to NCFC....

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Indy"]

I don''t have an issue with this as long as e have a recall clause in Rudd''s loan deal. Should the worst case happena dn Ruddy gets injured and Bunn sent off I would not be happy using a keeper who has played so little at this level never mind his age!

[/quote]

There has been no mention of such a clause. That is not to say there isn''t one, but the tenor of the story was that Rudd was off to Preston for the whole season.

[/quote]

Just to add, Rudd now counts as over-21 so unless we name him in our 25-man squad, which would seem an unlikely thing to do, then the earliest we could recall him and play him - if there was a clause - would be after the January transfer window shuts. We could then name him in the updated 25. But in effect that would probably mean him staying for the rest of the season, whether he then played much or not. I suspect the reality is - if we are getting Nash - that he, Ruddy and Bunn will be our keepers for the entire season.

"I would not be happy using a keeper who has played so little at this level never mind his age!"

18 Premier League games, that''s 18 more than Lee Camp had played when he arrived here last season, and 16 more than Declan Rudd has played in his career.

I think this is a good move for all concerned. We don''t want Rudd here sitting around when he can get an entire season of football with Preston and get that much needed experience.

Unlike Camp, Nash isn''t looking to challenge for the first team and will be quite happy, like at Stoke, being third choice just in case we need him.

Ruddy and Bunn get the benefit of a highly regarded experienced keeper.

Nash also gets to learn to coach alongside the England goalkeeping coach.

Win win.

The only thing that concerns me, is are we grooming Nash as Watsons replacement as we are expecting to lose him sometime soon? Or am I reading too much into it?

Reading too much in to it. We need a third keeper who has to realise that his chances of a game are very slim and the best he can hope for is a pitch side view of the game, Carlos Nash thinks "well at least the seats are comfy at Premier League clubs".

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]So, no one worried about Dave Watson leaving then?[/quote]

Dave Watson isn''t leaving.