Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Kone to Everton £5 mill

[quote user="Javiers Deaf Translator"]surely takes a decent bit from their budget right now, unless they sell fellaini and or baines... think their dreams of Fer just went byebye[/quote]

Think they have more than £5m to spend - can''t see why they wouldn''t have a similar kitty to Norwich to be honest.

No even sure Everton are in for Fer, he was a Moyes target and Martinez has a very different taste in player.

Yes, debt and a big one.

Like Aston Villa, they have squandered years of Premiership income on big signings and massive wages in an attempt to bring Champions League football to the club. Now are the times of reckoning.

I sense that Everton are due for a mini slump in fortunes for a few years. Martinez has to find his feet and, besides, has yet to prove himself with the big boys and with talk of their two best players following Moyes out of the club they emit an air of instability that does not promise well for their fan''s inflated ambitions.

The signing of Kone, whilst a good one, is not that massive compared with the players the likes of those immediately above them in the League would look to acquire. Needs must though. 

I''d have had him here and would have been fine with that price.

Taking relegation out of it (and any release clauses), if Kone had played for us last season would we be happy selling him to a bigger club (or any club) for £5m?

[quote user="GJP"]

Taking relegation out of it (and any release clauses), if Kone had played for us last season would we be happy selling him to a bigger club (or any club) for £5m?

[/quote]

Excellent question.

I would have been pleased if we had signed him for £5m, based on what I saw of him last season. 

Everton are welcome to him.  A good player, but we need younger players to come in that CH can shape more easily into a cohesive unit.   Buy for £5m, bring the players on and sell on if necessary for  £6 or £7 m.     Kone?  Cost £5 million - they won''t see that money again.

[quote user="Javiers Deaf Translator"]debts are why, BYG, debts.[/quote]

True, their debts are more crippling than I remembered. Although there is certainly a lot of truth in Everton offering £5m for Honda and having the ability to meet his fairly hefty wage demands. A lot does ride on Fellaini''s future as well - Martinez has a tough job on his hands.

For me, Fer is the key signing out of everyone mentioned and the one I would be most excited by, fingers crossed it all pans out smoothly.

And that''s the rub isn''t it Bethnal?

Manchester United might want Fellaini.  I know lots of Arsenal fans who do.  If, and I''m not sure that it is a big if, he leaves then Fer would be a very good replacement.   That does depend on Martinez wanting Fer of course.  He might prefer one of his Wigan stars.

I can see why Fer might want to wait and see how this plays out as he seems keen on Everton.

They''ve got Kone and alcaraz I think they are after maloney and al-habsi does Martinez want another relegation battle on his hands

What I find amusing is that along with Kone, Martinez has also signed a Central Defender from his formal club, given his obvious ineptitude in defensive coaching or defensive talent spotting if I were an Everton I would be very, very afraid