Sign in to follow this  
Dame to Blame

Ashton to rangers for 10million you heard it here first .

Heard from a good reliable source that rangers had inquired about ashton put in a 10 million pound offer and it will be taken to the board for discussion. Also holt has been told he could leave by worthy as he will be only a squad player next season but holt told him he was staying to see out his final year of his contract, and that holt had been slagging worthy off behind his back about the tactics this year namly playing huckerby left midfield and leaving the midfield overworked.Now don''t slag me off i just had to get it off my chest as the person who told me is dead serious about this and he heard it from the horses mouth literary (spelling)

I know you say you have a reliable source, but 10 million?!! doubt it,but if it is true it would be hard to turn down.then again if we were to accept it i would hope all ten million would go on players

personally i doubt ashton would uproot again to go and live in Glasgow

You could be right.

Not convinced that Ashton would want to go to Rangers, what would that achieve apart from 4 games against Celtic? After all they never get beyond the first round of European competition. However, if the Board accept the bid then he will go. Could Rangers honestly afford anything like £10M though - cant'' believe they could.

Re Holt - if true, that bloke should be well and truly run out of town asap. Slap him on the list now and make it clear to other clubs that he is available for nothing!  Same for Jonson. This type of deadwood MUST be cleared out before next season. 

[quote]Heard from a good reliable source that rangers had inquired about ashton put in a 10 million pound offer and it will be taken to the board for discussion. Also holt has been told he could leave by wor...[/quote]

Ha Ha Ha that''s very funny.  Where are Rangers going to get £10m from?  Are they selling Ibrox?

I HATE this time of the year.  Why would Ashton move to Rangers? He would be in a sub standard league, get overlooked for England (Sven has already said playing in the fizzy league is no problem though) and not be guaranteed 1st team football.

The board would have to discuss such an offer, and although it may be tempting to take the cash, it could end up costing more in in the long run, if it means we languish in the fizzy for years to come.

[quote]Heard from a good reliable source that rangers had inquired about ashton put in a 10 million pound offer and it will be taken to the board for discussion. Also holt has been told he could leave by wor...[/quote]

Rangers are absolutely skint.

£10m ? - I doubt if they could raise £10

Heard they might be selling Prso to Newcastle but he''s only worth about £5m tops

That would be a step backwards career wise. He might be earning more money but the standard of football in the Scottish top flight isnt up to much. If he has aspirations of playing for England being stuck up there wouldnt enhance his chances much.

hahahahahahahaha!

*picks self off floor*

*giggle*

hahahahahahahaha!

*falls of chair again*

*wipes tear from eye*

Funniest thing I''ve read on these boards....!

10 million for Ashton? hahahahahahahaha!

So where''s this £10 million coming from? Rangers are over £80 million in debt. If you look at their current squad, it''s made up of loans, youth, journey men, a couple of good singing they got on thr cheap (Prso), and snapping up whoever tends to score against them in the league. I''d be surprised if they''d be able to muster £4 million for a single singing. I''d take £8 million + Prso though. He''s not half bad that chap.

Enough has been said about the ashton bit for me not to comment but from the holt angle if Holt does not want his contract paid up and Worthy wants rid why hasnt he put him on the transfer list like McVeigh, or made him available on a free?   Also tactical criticism of Worthy and hux on the left flank and ''slagging him off?''  does not sound like holt to me. 

Sorry it just does not seem add up, as much as I think it would be OK to see holty go.

OTBC

I agree i thought 10 million a bit over the top maybe 5 to 6 but there you are thats what he said to be honest its not such an unbeliveable story when you look at the hard facts . Ashton is quailty and in scotland should score shed loads plus rangers have no top quailty strikers in there side and if they had to find the money i''m sure they could.

Ashton''s contract release clause is A LOT less than £10m so unless Rangers plan on wasting money i''d say this is all unlikely

[quote]Ashton''s contract release clause is A LOT less than £10m so unless Rangers plan on wasting money i''d say this is all unlikely[/quote]

For cryin'' out loud, there is NO minimum fee release clause on Ashton''s contract. There is a 20% sell on fee for him.

Can I just ask how people seem to know Ashton doesn''t have a minimum offer clause in his contract which if offered means he can talk to the other team? Were you privy to the signing of the contract, or has the club officially said something, or is it all rumour and hunches? Thanks.  

[quote]lets please get the moderators to ban any post on here with regard to ashton being sold to!!!!!! its starting to become very boring he aint going anywhere.[/quote]

Well there is a simple choice for you then allways travelli DON''T READ IT.

[quote]hahahahahahahaha! *picks self off floor* *giggle* hahahahahahahaha! *falls of chair again* *wipes tear from eye* Funniest thing I''ve read on these boards....! 10 million for Ashton? hahahahaha...[/quote]

It''s not the 10million for Ashton that makes me laugh, its the Ashton to Rangers!!!!!

As someone slightly famous once said, You cannot be serious!!!!

[quote]Well there is a simple choice for you then allways travelli DON''T READ IT.[/quote]

fair point but i am becoming paronoid with regard to him being sold as soon as i see a post with ashton being sold on here.guess your right have to stop reading them. 

[quote]For cryin'' out loud, there is NO minimum fee release clause on Ashton''s contract. There is a 20% sell on fee for him.[/quote]

How do you know? When Norwich released details of his fee and contract they were hardly going to announce what the figure is that allows people to come in and talk to him.

Its safe to say that if a team offers the right amount Worthy/Norwich are powerless to stand in his way, its written in the contract! Its up to the interested clubs to find out what that figure is.

[quote]Yawn, Reliable sauce number 238, right thank you very much, now who''s next please . . . . .[/quote]

My most reliable sauce is Brown Sauce, it transforms a bacon sandwich.

[quote]How do you know? When Norwich released details of his fee and contract they were hardly going to announce what the figure is that allows people to come in and talk to him. Its safe to say that if a t...[/quote]

Exactly, NO ONE on here knows the full details of Ashton''s contract (he might well have a minimum fee release clause) unless one amongst us is Worthy or Ashton himself. Which I think not.

It''s pointless worrying about it, if he goes, he goes (but he will be here until January anyway)

So this morning we see that Norwich are refusing to dismiss rumours that Rangers will make a £4M bid!  £4M!!???  No bloody way.  If sold Deano for that I would hit the bloody roof.

Why don''t we take a leaf out of Jordan''s book?  (the palace chairman btw!)  He''s come out and said Johnson isn''t for sale at any price.  We should do this with Ashton. 

WE CAN''T SELL HIM!

[quote]So this morning we see that Norwich are refusing to dismiss rumours that Rangers will make a £4M bid! £4M!!??? No bloody way. If sold Deano for that I would hit the bloody roof. Why don''t we take ...[/quote]

Actually, Johnson has had a £10mil price tag slapped on.

[quote]So this morning we see that Norwich are refusing to dismiss rumours that Rangers will make a £4M bid! £4M!!??? No bloody way. If sold Deano for that I would hit the bloody roof. Why don''t we take ...[/quote]

£4m is an insult.  If the club are considering offsetting any losses next year by selling him, he is worth at least DOUBLE.

We must hold onto our best players to try to return to the promised land at the 1st go.

If the club sell Ashton, get set for a supporters revolt.