Sign in to follow this  
ROBFLECK

Toivonen back in training

http://www.elfvoetbal.nl/nieuws/278417_toivonen-keert-terug-op-trainingsveld-psv

They say he''s returned and wants a better deal from us or another club. He can stay maximum another month... Don''t know what to think of that, if we''re not good enough for him, f*(K him!

If that is true then at least the club know where they stand and can glance elsewhere on their list.

I''m not too fussed about this one not coming off - he clearly isn''t hungry (like Wolfie) to fight with us in a tough competition next season and we aren''t big enough (yet?) to carry luxury players like that.

The real question is is he good enough for us? I have never heard of him unitl this link, he''s only ever really played in minor leagues, not knocking the Dutch league but not really on par with premiership is it!

I''m really not fussed if he doesn''t sign and if he only wants to come for the money then it''s only going to upset the applecart with those already here.

I know it''s about the money but every player should want to move for more than just money in my book, so no thanks, you have had our offer, the chance to join a mid table premiership club on the up but chose not to.

Thanks and good luck. 

With that attitude he can do one.................don''t want him here now thats for sure.

With what attitude??

No one has even heard a word from Ola, who knows what has been said or going on behind the scenes.

He might want to ce here but his agent is holding things up etc.

Some people are so quick to judge, jump on the bandwagon

SYG you might be right but lets be fair he''s had his holiday and time to instruct his agent if he wanted to come here, true we can only see things from press reports but from that we can judge that this player has not indstructed his agent that he wants to be a Norwih player rather a wait for the best offer and club.

We wait and see but I ask again who is he? Never heard of him till this month and on that I don''t really mind if he stays at PSV.

[quote user="SYG"]With what attitude?? No one has even heard a word from Ola, who knows what has been said or going on behind the scenes. He might want to ce here but his agent is holding things up etc. Some people are so quick to judge, jump on the bandwagon[/quote]

Remember all the talk before Hucks signed...

Phil Smith had told BBC Radio Norfolk: "His loan finishes in December, it ends there.

I don''t think any team in Division One could afford him

First Artists Corporation''s Phil Smith

"Three months and that''s it, any longer was never really an issue.

"Darren is a player with Premiership aspirations and unless the club can guarantee him Premiership football then he''s never going to stay - that dictates everything.

"And unless they are playing Premiership football then they won''t be able to afford him.

"I don''t think any team in Division One could afford him."

I guess Huck''s attitude wasn''t good.  He only wanted the money from the Premiership!!!!

How is this different?  In both cases it is only stories going around, agents, etc. - nothing from either player.

All that''s being said here is that he wants a better deal than the one he has been offered.

He hasn''t said he does not want to join!

To be fair do we really expect every player we are interested in to jump and take whatever they are first offered?

This one isn''t over yet!

Snake

[quote user="snake-eyes"]All that''s being said here is that he wants a better deal than the one he has been offered.

He hasn''t said he does not want to join!

To be fair do we really expect every player we are interested in to jump and take whatever they are first offered?

This one isn''t over yet!

Snake[/quote]

There is no certainty he has even said that. There is no quote there from Toivonen or his agent on his behalf.

It''s a funny one for me.. I want that next level of player, but I also want that hunger and desire to bleed for the team. RVW said all the right things for me in his interview, but he isn''t an established international like Ola. He is a quality player and it needs to be respected with a solid deal, but at the same time I''d have loved it more if he had jumped at the opportunity to move to one of the more promising mid table sides in the best league in the world.

Agreed purple, just taking quote as though the Agent is relaying what the Player has said.

(Which is not always accurate)

Snake

Yet another shocking example of non-journalism, with some clown simply throwing guesswork around when there''s ZERO evidence to support it.I cannot see that we would have offered him a poor deal (although whether or not the likes of Fulham have been slyly telling his agent the sort of cash they''d spend is another matter), but if he''d rather stay with PSV then that''s fair enough because it would show that he''s not the player we want anyway.All of this is nothing more than idle conjecture anyway, and until the guy himself says the offer isn''t good enough or that he doesn''t want to join, then I won''t believe a word to the contrary...

How reliable is the sauce saying he''s back in training today, we could be criticizing him for something that isn''t true Again

[quote user="Joey Deacan"]Ive bought him in FM , I fine him everyday, makes me feel better.[/quote]

lol. Like it.

Nah, he''s publicly criticised the management of his current club because he doesn''t like the playing style, he said he knows nothing about Norwich and it appears he still doesn''t. We already have two skilled players for attacking midfield: Hoolahan and Howson. Scrap this one as far as I''m concerned.

[quote user="mbncfc1"]How reliable is the sauce saying he''s back in training today, we could be criticizing him for something that isn''t true Again[/quote]He''s a journalist who attends PSV press conferences, interviews players, and was the first to publicise the news of our bid. Clearly we shouldn''t believe a thing he says.

[quote user="Fozzie"][quote user="mbncfc1"]How reliable is the sauce saying he''s back in training today, we could be criticizing him for something that isn''t true Again[/quote]He''s a journalist who attends PSV press conferences, interviews players, and was the first to publicise the news of our bid. Clearly we shouldn''t believe a thing he says.[/quote]

Well if that''s the case then fair enough but unlike everybody else it seems I''m not fluent with the Dutch language

[quote user="littleyellowbirdie"]He''s publicly criticised the management of his current club because he doesn''t like the playing style, he said he knows nothing about Norwich and it appears he still doesn''t. We already have two skilled players for attacking midfield: Hoolahan and Howson. Scrap this one as far as I''m concerned.[/quote]

1) He said he preferred a more skilful style of play. That strikes me as a good ambition. And one that should endear him to us.

2) He didn''t say he knew nothing about us. He said he didn''t know much. And why should he?

3) He must now know more because two weeks ago he agreed to talks to hear our offer.4) He is nothing like Hoolahan or Howson as a midfielder, and in any event Hughton may see him principally as a striker. Of which we need at least one more.Apart from all the above I think you absolutely nailed it.

[quote user="mbncfc1"][quote user="Fozzie"][quote user="mbncfc1"]How reliable is the sauce saying he''s back in training today, we could be criticizing him for something that isn''t true Again[/quote]He''s a journalist who attends PSV press conferences, interviews players, and was the first to publicise the news of our bid. Clearly we shouldn''t believe a thing he says.[/quote]

Well if that''s the case then fair enough but unlike everybody else it seems I''m not fluent with the Dutch language[/quote]It''s pretty easy

[quote user="littleyellowbirdie"][quote user="Joey Deacan"]Ive bought him in FM , I fine him everyday, makes me feel better.
[/quote] lol. Like it. Nah, he''s publicly criticised the management of his current club because he doesn''t like the playing style, he said he knows nothing about Norwich and it appears he still doesn''t. We already have two skilled players for attacking midfield: Hoolahan and Howson. Scrap this one as far as I''m concerned.[/quote]

You should start reading articles properly before expressing your opinions

Entitled to hold out to a better deal if he wants one - hopefully we''ve offered him a good deal and he''ll sign it in due course

Given Toivonen''s apparent reticence, the fact that we already have three strikers in our squad of 25, and that there is seemingly little interest from our peer group clubs, such as Utd and Chelsea, I wouldn''t have thought Toivonen was an appropriate target. Clearly, we should be aiming higher.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Given Toivonen''s apparent reticence, the fact that we already have three strikers in our squad of 25, and that there is seemingly little interest from our peer group clubs, such as Utd and Chelsea, I wouldn''t have thought Toivonen was an appropriate target. Clearly, we should be aiming higher.[/quote]

[:D]

From the video looks like he''s only doing the fitness side of training and not tactical as was walking off and signing autographs before they started playing a